Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mirena

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:53 PM
  • 19 Replies
For you ladies that have or have had Mirena...did you have any issues? Side effects? Likes? Dislikes? Thanks in advance. I am supposed to have one put in next week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SJF1989
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I had constant pain..all the time. And sex. Hell no... It hurt for nearly 3 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pita369
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I have had no major issues with it.. Had it since may... I like it... I still get my periods but thy are way lighter than what they used to be.. Tmi but I use 2-3 pads a day where as I used to use super plus tampons and go thru 6-10 depending on the flow... I have minimal back ache as i used to have to take Motrin around the clock to function... I get slight cramps... I need more foreplay since I got it (not really complaining on that part) but everybody reacts differently to it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsWilmot
by Meggs on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidlover2
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Plus side. Little to no bleeding on my period.
Negative side. Frequent and painful headaches and weight gain being huge ones for me
ChelleBoo23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM
It's nice not having periods and not having to worry about BC. But ever since I got it I've had terrible mood swings, I've recently started spotting all the time and the more work I do the more I bleed. It's been impossible for me to lose weight. I'm constantly hungry, I never feel full. At first it was nice except the mood swings and now my side effects just keep getting worse. I've had it for almost 2yrs now this month. I'm most likely going to get it out once I find a better option for me.
Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I had it for a couple years with no issue aside from I do think I gained a bit of weight due to it.  Not a lot, but sort of like constant bloating.  When I had it removed, those 5-7 pounds disappeared immediately with no effort.  But nice light periods, no pain, and it didn't affect my fertility, as I'm now 18 weeks pregnant! 

Salsacookies
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I got it in September after my twins were born. No pain, no side effects. I love it. I've had a period every month, but my OB said it could take a few months for my periods to stop. Unless I'm feeling for the strings, I don't even know it's there.

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM
DON'T DO IT!!!

I can't even list all of my issues with that infernal contraption. I had two for a total of 10 years and I doubt my poor body will ever be the same. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hnjen12
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Don't do it. For me yes the periods stopped but i had no sex drive & even when i did I bleed during sex & would totally gross my boyfriend. I wouldn't recommend it plus there are way too many lawsuits out for it.

Snapdragon88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I had it with no problems for 3 years and then I started cramping really bad and had it taken out. Just had our second child and I got it put in again... even though it did have minor side effects for me after a while, it's still the best choice for me. I didn't like anything else and the pill made me a RAGING bitch. I still have an awesome sex drive and I've never had weight gain from it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)