Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what would you do? *vent, excuse typos*

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:23 PM
  • 2 Replies

i posted about this in another group

simply put, everytime my niece goes to my dad's, she shows up with lice. this has happened 5 times now. today was the worst. she had a headful of nits, bugs, and sores where the poor baby had been scratching.

my dad treats it and it's gone when she leaves. but when her mom brings her back, she's got it again, each time worse than before.

i told my dad something's got to be done. my brother is in jail, so obviously the father having custody is out of the question. my dad and stepmom have petitioned the court for emergency custody because her mother is such a POS. however, apparently it takes more than a few cases of head lice and a nasty ass house to get the courts to listen

but this time, it's bad. if she's got sores like that, then surely it constitutes as child neglect, right?

i think my dad needs to try to get custody of this little girl again. matter of fact, i'm in the middle of writing my brother and telling him what's going on. i don't know what all he can do from prison, but he needs to know what his little girl is going through.

i'm at the point where i don't give a fuck how her mother feels. she's nasty, has lice herself and refuses to try other methods because she "doesn't want to ruin her hair". she can be a nasty piece of ass all she wants, but when she lets my niece get the same way, that's where we have a problem

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Make an appointment to bring her to social services every time she is coming over.  They can document the lice.  YOu need a paper trail. 

Master_Debater
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly don't think there's much you can do. My niece has had lice for her whole life pretty much. CPS won't do anything. There's allegations of sexual abuse by her step father, the house is always disgusting but yet they won't do anything :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN