Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Leaving kids in the car

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:27 PM
  • 62 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you accidentally left your kid in the car?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 145

View Results

I was watching a t.v. show and a woman had came in the hospital because of her mom and she accidentally left her baby in the car for like an hour and the baby ended up dieing.

I have herd of woman who have left a baby in the car by accident but nothing has happen to the baby thank God. I have done it when my DD was like 3 and now i can laugh about it. But I know that some tragedy can happen. so I just wanted to know how many parents have done it.

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I havent walked away with her still in car but have accidently locked her door before we got her out.

kjoarcik
by Kori on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:40 AM

BUMP!

sugareemommee
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I never forgot my children in the car.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:42 AM
As scatterbrained as I can be, I have not done that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:43 AM

No.  Never did and now they are all old enough to follow me in.  If my nearly 18 year old died in the car from exposure, we would have a problem.  

christina0607
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

When my first was 8 days old, the first time I took her out, I walked about 3 steps from the car and then remembered I have another person to get. Thats as close as I've come. 

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:52 AM

no i have never forgotton my children ever

alexsmommy51405
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:54 AM

i remember an old CSI episode where the father purposely forgot the baby in the car because the mom told him to after they thought the baby had a rare disease that the baby would have suffered horrendously from. the mom didn't want to deal with the suffering so she was just like leave him in the car and let him die. you actually see the father look back at the baby in the rear facing carseat in the car and then walk away. turns out (in the show) that the baby had some simple allergy.

it was horrible. ever since then i ALWAYS check the back seat.

thank God it was only a TV show..

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I have not done it and hope I never do. BUT....I am not quick to judge those who have. I watched a documentary on the psychology of these instances and it completely changed my point of view. These are not negligent parents for the most part.....they are the same as you and me. All it takes is a tiny change in a tired busy parents routine.....

3lilmonsters88
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM
3 moms liked this
No I haven't. I put my purse and phone back there just for this reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)