Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What would you.do.in here?.(furniture/decoration help)

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:43 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this
This is my living room behind me is a 10x 3 carpeted area i am currently using as a extra play area for my.kids. i am looking to get new living room furniture with income tax. i am ditching the couch but keeping recliner. i want to do a l shaped sectional but not sure it wld fit with.recliner pic coming
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermom0609
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom0609
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Anyone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom0609
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Really? no one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momluv269
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Small pic ..... but I would do a curved sectional and entertainment center.

supermom0609
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Only problem is i want to keep recliner and i think a curved/L shaped sectional wld work well idk where i.wld put recliner. on left side of pic there is a wall/front door

Quoting Momluv269:

Small pic ..... but I would do a curved sectional and entertainment center.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momluv269
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Maybe 2 pretty matching love-seats, smallish ones.

supermom0609
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Thats an idea...see i got recliner in this little corner where a wall goes to carpet area its like cadi-cornered

Quoting Momluv269:

Maybe 2 pretty matching love-seats, smallish ones.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hellokittykat
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I'd get a fun, color rug with like deep brown, deep red and beige colors or a light colored shag type rug since your wood floors are kind of dark. I did the same with my wood floors and the contrast definitely helps make the room feel bigger and balance the room.

I'd get maybe two 4 foot ficus trees or similar type of exotic green plant (fake or real) to bring better feng shui into the room and place them in the corners (one to the left the TV).

Liven up the room with strong, fun pillow colors that pop from the earthen toned furniture and also matches a color on the rug if you choose to get a multi-colored rug. A nice wine red might look good. Add a table top water fountain and your room will be more inviting. Pick one or two colors that bring the room together that you can use in your sofa pillows, curtains or that's already in your rug. That way if you want to change the look of the room again or for the seasons, you just update the accessories, which is less expensive.

Pics for inspiration:

supermom0609
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by faith on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see a picture...yet someone mentioned one? If you have a picture I'd be happy to give ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)