Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Seen him get killed

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

I can understand being in a rush when driving but this is just stupid, on one of the busy streets near my house there are two cross walks in between the lights. Well some friends of mine when to the store and they came back saying that they seen some guy get hit by a car and was dragged a few feet. This is like the 4 hit and run that has happen near my house the first one was a murder, the second one was a drunk driver who killed a kid on his way to school and the other one i don't know what  happen.

Well later on that night we all went to the store and was crossing the street the cars were at a red light so we went well when we were in the middle of the cross walk we hear engines revving and the cars looked like they were speeding up to try and hit us. I could not believe it we have the right away but no one cares.

Even when I am driving on that street and I seen someone trying to cross I will stop and other cars will try to keep going and the people behind me will honk I know in Cali perdition's have the right away so I wanted to know in your state do the people walking have the right away or do cars? I was told some states the cars have the right away.

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DragonMother10
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Here in Texas, pedestrians have the right away. Lately in my city, El Paso, we have been having a lot of hit and runs. It's ridiculous how many there have been. Too many selfish drivers are out there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:12 PM
NJ. Pedestrians have the right of way. But a lot of them act like they can step out in front of you when you're literally 2 feet away. Pisses me off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shyone_91786
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Yeah i know what you mean I was driving on a green light and some kid at the last min ran right in front of me I barley missed hitting him.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

NJ. Pedestrians have the right of way. But a lot of them act like they can step out in front of you when you're literally 2 feet away. Pisses me off.

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Poeple always have the right away. Sme just feel that well I am in a car I am bigger than the, they need to get out of the way. Some even feel that towards other cars. I have had people go around me in turn lanes becuase I refuse to pull out blind.

jen_keiko
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:21 PM

in hawaii pedestrians have the right of way... even when they jaywalk... the law here requires drivers to wait until the pedestrian is out of their half of the road. we have a ton of pedestrian accidents too... :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN