Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Gas Station Mishap

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:08 PM
  • 42 Replies

In states that require gas attendants .....

Have you ever started driving away with the gas hose still attached to your car?

What happened?

Did the gas station try to say you "damaged" the hose/connector?

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Never done that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shyone_91786
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I know in Cali I use to work at a gas station and I seen this happen a few times and it is the person fault we have to get the persons license and insurance card  if they drive off then we have to try and get the license plate number. You are using the hose and you did break it so yes it would be your fault.

Momluv269
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:24 PM

In NJ, customer is not allowed (by law) to pump. It is the attendant using the hose.

General practice for attendants is, you finish pumping then collect money. The attendant collected the money, so customer assumed (with reason) the transaction was complete. And proceeded to leave.

Quoting shyone_91786:

I know in Cali I use to work at a gas station and I seen this happen a few times and it is the person fault we have to get the persons license and insurance card  if they drive off then we have to try and get the license plate number. You are using the hose and you did break it so yes it would be your fault.

3boysmommaNY
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I work at a gas station in NNY and people from NJ ask me all the time about pumping their gas..lol 
I've never had someone drive off with the pump on my shift (overnight) but I know it happens once every couple of months! 

Momma to 3 boys, and PROUD Army wife :) 
Loving life in New York! tattoo

Momluv269
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:46 PM

You mean they want to pump themselves? NY is self-pump?

Quoting 3boysmommaNY:

I work at a gas station in NNY and people from NJ ask me all the time about pumping their gas..lol 
I've never had someone drive off with the pump on my shift (overnight) but I know it happens once every couple of months! 

3boysmommaNY
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:52 PM

No, they want me to go out and pump their gas. I got yelled at by an older couple for not going out to do it.. I can't when i'm alone, and they didn't understand that. 

Crazylovingfam
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I have a feeling it is the drivers fault. Idk I pump my own gas though

Quoting Momluv269:

In NJ, customer is not allowed (by law) to pump. It is the attendant using the hose.

General practice for attendants is, you finish pumping then collect money. The attendant collected the money, so customer assumed (with reason) the transaction was complete. And proceeded to leave.

Quoting shyone_91786:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momluv269
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:08 PM

BUMP!

PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I almost got smacked with the hose when the guy drove off with pump still in his car and it snapped out as I was walking back to pump my gas. ... -___-
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)