Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ringing in ears/hands falling asleep

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM
  • 16 Replies
My 4 (almost 5) year old dd has complained for a little over a month now about her ears "making noise". By questioning her I think she's describing a ringing in her ears. It started out only in her right ear but now she says they both do it. She says they do it all the time. She has also recently started occasionally telling me that her hands or feet are asleep. This happens at random times that I don't think are totally normal. For example, if she had been sitting on her feet or sitting still a long period of time I would consider this more normal. She does have a doctors appointment coming up where I will ask her doctor about these concerns, but just wondering if anyone here has experienced these things in their child or has ideas as to what would cause this. Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhonda142
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:04 PM

BUMP!

teaching_mama
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Rhonda142:

BUMP!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:07 PM
My dd said her hands would tingle. Turns out growing pains are real. :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
southernbelle07
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teaching_mama
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM
She tells me hers feels funny and then wants me to touch it so I can feel it too. Growing pains hasn't occurred to me. Could explain the hands/feet falling asleep. The ringing of her ears still concerns me some since she's complained of it so long.

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

My dd said her hands would tingle. Turns out growing pains are real. :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Good luck.  I hope nothing serious.  It could be growing pains for the numbness tingling in hands/feet but worth it to get checked out.

teaching_mama
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Thank you...I hope so too.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Good luck.  I hope nothing serious.  It could be growing pains for the numbness tingling in hands/feet but worth it to get checked out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Growing pains are associated with vit d deficiency so 20 minutes a day, no sunscreen should help. If she is severely deficient, she may need prescription strength supplements.
My first thought was atypical presentation of a food allergy, most likely to gluten/wheat, soy, or dairy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Is she on antibiotics or do you give her Aspirin for anything?

teaching_mama
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:48 PM
She goes outside with no sunscreen almost daily at preschool but I'm not sure how much time they spend out. She also takes a multi vitamin but I'm not sure how much d is in it. It's interesting you mention food allergies because we recently (10 days ago) cut out wheat because I feel after research it is not healthy for us. We are and have been dairy limited for a little over a year now. We drink almond milk and and eat small amounts of cheese and yogurt. Is it possible an allergy could present itself so suddenly like that? Or maybe this was just one if many symptoms but they've been subtle so I missed them? I have noticed a behavior change for the better and an increase in appetite since eliminating wheat.

Quoting eema.gray:

Growing pains are associated with vit d deficiency so 20 minutes a day, no sunscreen should help. If she is severely deficient, she may need prescription strength supplements.

My first thought was atypical presentation of a food allergy, most likely to gluten/wheat, soy, or dairy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN