Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

new

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:18 AM
  • 10 Replies

wow it took me forever to figure out how to get here to introduce myself lol hope i'm in the right place n doing it right.   soooo  now what to say,,,  well i'm a 40yr old single mother of 2 about to jump into a blended family,,,  my bf has 4 children and i'm trying to decide if i can even dive into this so thats why i'm here to get advice, encouragement or someone to tell me to get the hell out before i get in   :) 

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Welcome to one of the craziest forums on this site.  There are smaller ones with less drama or forums filled up to your eyebrows in drama.  The main one is sort of a mix of the 2.

om1970
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Thank You :)  I personally don't get caught up in drama but it doesn't bother me much to read it,,,  actually sometimes it makes me chuckle on a bad day lol...  i hope to chat with some that might have some experience with my situation but if not it'd be pretty awesome to just make some new friends :)

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Have you always been a single mom or a divorcee/widow?   Right now everyone seems to be sleeping.  I am in my 30s and not technically married but have step children as well as our dd who is 6.  My guy has 4 children whom are all adults now.

Quoting om1970:

Thank You :)  I personally don't get caught up in drama but it doesn't bother me much to read it,,,  actually sometimes it makes me chuckle on a bad day lol...  i hope to chat with some that might have some experience with my situation but if not it'd be pretty awesome to just make some new friends :)

talsey
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Hi:) i am 39 and i have 2 teenaged daughters and boyfriend has 2 teenaged sons and a 7yo daughter so i can relate:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:53 AM
Hi and welcome! Im 40 too. Check out the group called 40ish and beyond, im in it, its a great group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
om1970
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Have you always been a single mom or a divorcee/widow?   Right now everyone seems to be sleeping.  I am in my 30s and not technically married but have step children as well as our dd who is 6.  My guy has 4 children whom are all adults now.

nah, haven't always been a single mom, i was married for 19yrs and i've been divorced for 2,  my 2 girls are 20yrs and 8yrs.  my bf's kids are 8, 17, 18, and 21...  :)

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Quoting om1970:

Quoting frndlyfn:

nah, haven't always been a single mom, i was married for 19yrs and i've been divorced for 2,  my 2 girls are 20yrs and 8yrs.  my bf's kids are 8, 17, 18, and 21...  :)

Oh boy 2 8 yr olds in the same house?  fun times for all.  Good luck with blending everyone.

om1970
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Quoting talsey:

Hi:) i am 39 and i have 2 teenaged daughters and boyfriend has 2 teenaged sons and a 7yo daughter so i can relate:)

Hi :)  oh yea that is similar to my situation...  how do u deal with the daily struggles?

om1970
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Quoting ashleighmama:

Hi and welcome! Im 40 too. Check out the group called 40ish and beyond, im in it, its a great group!

awesome!  i'll definately check it out :)

om1970
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Oh boy 2 8 yr olds in the same house?  fun times for all.  Good luck with blending everyone.

lol i know,,,  thanks :)  my 8yr old hates his 8yr old ,,,   gonna be a long road

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)