Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

trouble loosing weight

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:57 AM
  • 4 Replies
I need some advise and some that will work i need to loose inches not just the pounds, in my legs, belly, hips!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
christina0607
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
The formula for weghtloss is actually fairly simple.....less in more out. Unfortunately while its an easy concept, there are all kinds of mental hurdles to get through, that are much more complicated. If you can get to that place mentally where you know eating less and eating better while exercising does not mean you are denying yourself or working too hard....you'll be half way there.

Also remember time. It takes time.
christina0607
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I wanted to add another thing a friend once told me. She had lost 75 lbs at this point and looked amazing. We went out for lunch and she order dessert, ice cream. I was kind of shocked, because she was clearly working hard at her weight. This was 15 years ago and she said something that has stuck with me, she said......I can eat ice cream, ice cream didn't make me fat. I made me fat. I didn't know or understand my limits. I am at a point where I no longer blame food for my weight gain.

Idk, I just thought that was really insightful.
Love.My.Soldier
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I am working hard to lose weight at the moment. It's not about a fad diet or doing anything crazy. It is about making healthy choices and exercise. I have 3 family members trying different diets this week. We had a competition to see who would lose the most this week. I lost double what they did with just eating healthy and exercising.
gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:51 AM

My son was 16, 6'3" and 309 pounds and asked me to help him lose some weight.  In six months, he was down to 240 and looks great.  All I did when I was preparing his meals and snacks was watch the 'total fat' grams he took in.  You'd be amazed how much food and what food you can eat just watching your fat intake.  I told him we wouldn't "diet", but rather change the way he ate.  I did the same thing years ago after I had my daughter and the weight dropped off.  Then I did it again when I had gained some weight and the same thing happened.  I hate exercising and I didn't either time, and I still lost a lot of weight.  It's hard to determine how much fat is in a cut of meat, so I didn't really try to keep track of that fat intake, but instead of red meat, we ate more chicken and fish.  We still ate red meat, but not much.  Because 'dieting' can be a real drag, my son and I decided he would have one day a week that he could eat whatever he wanted, things he liked that we didn't eat much of anymore when trying to shed some pounds, and that helped too.  If he wanted a steak on that day, I grilled him a steak.  If he wanted ice cream, he ate ice cream.  It's worked for us 3 times, and because of all the options for food we had, it didn't really feel like a diet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)