Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

has anyone ever gone to a wwe event?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:02 AM
  • 23 Replies
My son has really gotten into wrestling. He's 9 and we've talked about it being fake and choreographed, but he still really enjoys the story lines.

I found out that the road to wrestlemania( I can't be live I just said that in an actual sentence) is coming to my area in March tickets go on sale next week. I thought it might be a fun thing to do with him.

However, until yesterday I didn't even know this was a traveling circus. I thought this was a weekly show that people tuned in for. So I'd like to hear from anyone who has been to a similar event. Was it family friendly, was it really expensive, how long is this type of performance , and is it worth it will he get to see some wwe stars, or will it be people he's never heard of?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AMBG825
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:14 AM

We went a few times but we didn't have to pay to go. We're friends with the owner of the company that did security and he got us tickets. We were also allowed backstage and was able to meet a few of the wrestlers. Those guys (and gals) were the nicest people you will ever want to meet. They took time to talk to us, sign autographs and even pose for pictures.

To be honest, although I'm not a huge wrestling fan beyond the pleasant view, i had a blast with the kids.

momof4bzN2gz
by Julie on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:16 AM
It's very family friendly. We've gone a few times and its always fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM

About how much did it cost? Were there always big names there?

Quoting momof4bzN2gz:

It's very family friendly. We've gone a few times and its always fun.

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

SilverOcean84
by Cindy on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Im not really into wrestling but I did get to see the WWE when they came to Fort Hood back in 2010. The wrestling does last longer then the show but there should still be the big matches with the big names. I dont know if they come out and talk to the fans but I was able to attend a meet and greet for the tribute to the troops. I met the Miz, Jack Swagger, Big Show, and Kelly Kelly. Here is some pics

3lilmonsters88
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:43 AM
We've went a couple of times. There was a bunch of kids there, the shows were just as good as they are on TV. We actually went to a live taping of RAW and we went to wrestlemania in 2011. Tickets vary in price from cheap to expensive depending on the seats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Thats cool. We have absolutely no interest in meeting them, so whether they come around really isn't important to us. I just want him to be abel to see the people he would recognize. 

Good pictures. 

Quoting SilverOcean84:

Im not really into wrestling but I did get to see the WWE when they came to Fort Hood back in 2010. The wrestling does last longer then the show but there should still be the big matches with the big names. I dont know if they come out and talk to the fans but I was able to attend a meet and greet for the tribute to the troops. I met the Miz, Jack Swagger, Big Show, and Kelly Kelly. Here is some pics

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

mrspena
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:53 AM
We've gone a few times. My husband checed ticketmaster and ebay before he bought the tickets. Prices vary depending on where you sit. My son is 10 and he enjoys it. I got cause. Have to and of course the veiw is great...of the wrestlers. I loves me some Randy Orton.
Uniquecoolio
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM
my boys are 15 and are going for their second time with their uncle tonight. they LOVE it! lots of fun and action and friendly!
ilovemyson2002
by mom of 2 boys on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:20 AM

my boy friend and brother used to go to them alot  and like them 

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM

we have taken our boys. It was lots of fun. We got to see them film several shows, then it was Smackdown live. The boys loved it.....and it was actually pretty cheap (under $100 for 4 tickets)

DH and I also went to Wrestlemania 19 when it was in Seattle. It was a fun trip too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN