Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

No they're not twins. Yes I know what I'm talking about. *piog*

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM
  • 175 Replies
5 moms liked this

A couple days ago, DD, DS and I were in the check out line at the supermarket. For some reason, the store was overly crowded, and someone just HAD to make useless conversation with me. Whatever, I'm not rude, I'll talk back...nothing better to do.
So this woman goes "awwwww they are ADORABLE! Twins?" And it's not like it's a question I'm not use to, I kinda saw it coming. But after I said "Thanks so much but nope :)" In my bet youre gonna be suprised voice, she's all (in her proof or it didn't happen voice) "So how old are they?" She sounded really skeptical (I can see why, they're about the same height, and close to the same weight), but why would I lie? Idk, but I go "they're 3 but--" She TOTALLY cuts me off to tell me "I shouldn't lie because lying is a sin" *MAJOR EYE ROLL* --> **Sidenote: DD & DS are 10 mths 28 days apart, both born in 2009. DS turned 3 on Dec 28th which makes him share his age with DD for a month who wont be 4 till Jan 30th** So I proceed to explain this to her, the fact that they were both born in the same year making them less than a year apart but she doesn't let me get anywhere NEAR that subject. She's all, "I bet you were a teen mom" O_O "Yeah so?" Shes mumbling under her breath what sounds like "This is why kids dont need to have kids." Really lady? Dont you think I'd know if I had two kids on the same day? So she looks up at me and goes "they're 3, but they're not twins? Is that really the story youre trying to stick to?" I'm like "I was TRYING to tell you, they're 3, but he JUST turned 3, and she'll be 4 at the end of the month." Then DD starts bugging me about some skittles or M & M's....something I wasn't gonna buy. I tell her to leave the candy alone because it's bad for her teeth & you see this woman really thinking about what I said and goes "That doesnt add up" SHE CANT BE SERIOUS. WHY IS SHE EVEN TALKING TO ME? BETTER YET, WHY AM I RESPONDING? I STILL HAVE *NO* CLUE, BUT I WAS. "What doesn't add up miss?" "The dates" IS SHE REALLY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHEN I CONCIEVED? UGH "Miss, I'm not gonna sit here and talk to you about when my son was concieved. I would know if I had twins, and if I did, I'd be fine with telling people I had twins." In my head I'm like: Don't you think it'd be easier to tell people I was 18 with two kids because I had twins, not because I couldn't control myself? So she asks me how old I am, since I claimed to be a teen mom. "I'm 21. I'll be 22 next month" She goes back to adding whatever the hell she's adding, to go "Well atleast that makes sense" O_O UGH LEAVE ME ALONE. I'M TRYING NOT TO BE RUDE HERE. I'm finally at the check out & then she starts shit talking my groceries. "Oh you're not gonna feed them that are you?" I'm ignoring her at this point, because she was really getting on my nerves. I had a couple packs of chicken, a pack of carrots, a pack of celery (they love raw celery sticks) some apple juice and a couple other things. She's bitching because I don't do organic veggies. UGH wtf is this womans problem? I know I'm not the only person in 2013 that hasn't gone organic. Why didn't I need a few more thing so that I walked around the store longer & missed her in the line? First she basically tells me I'm lying about when my children were born, and then I'm shit because regular veggies are good enough for us. What did I do to deserve this shopping trip?
Guess what? My kids ate those veggies and they're still alive! <3

I meant to post this a few days ago, but never felt like typing it out lol
Here they are with daddy

and here they are alone: (DD, 4 on Jan 30th)

DS (turned 3 dec 28)

CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

babies

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NanaMomo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Ohhh that would have bugged the hell out of me.

Kuddos for keeping calm :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NanaMomo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Btw they're adorable, your dd is so beautiful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
activitymode
by Coolest person ever! on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Cute kids. Rude lady.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:30 PM
They are adorable! I get the twins thing all the time and my kids are 16 mths apart and dd is taller then ds! Way to keep your cool I don't know that I could have!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
You lie about having twins! Tsk tsk;)
Some people! They are soooo cute
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Aw, they're so cute! People are nuts!

AndrewsMommy01
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I have herd siblings that close in age called Dutch Twins. I have 2 younger sisters who are 10 months and 5 days apart. So maybe you can start saying they are Dutch Twins and explain they are 10 months apart.

NyiaBaby216
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM

oh believe me, i was beyond bugged. lol & thanks :)

Quoting NanaMomo:

Ohhh that would have bugged the hell out of me.

Kuddos for keeping calm :)

aimlee
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

they are adorable! Good job keeping calm. I couldnt have been that calm :)

NyiaBaby216
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Quoting NanaMomo:

Btw they're adorable, your dd is so beautiful!
thanks!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)