Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

No they're not twins. Yes I know what I'm talking about. *piog*

Posted by   + Show Post

A couple days ago, DD, DS and I were in the check out line at the supermarket. For some reason, the store was overly crowded, and someone just HAD to make useless conversation with me. Whatever, I'm not rude, I'll talk back...nothing better to do.
So this woman goes "awwwww they are ADORABLE! Twins?" And it's not like it's a question I'm not use to, I kinda saw it coming. But after I said "Thanks so much but nope :)" In my bet youre gonna be suprised voice, she's all (in her proof or it didn't happen voice) "So how old are they?" She sounded really skeptical (I can see why, they're about the same height, and close to the same weight), but why would I lie? Idk, but I go "they're 3 but--" She TOTALLY cuts me off to tell me "I shouldn't lie because lying is a sin" *MAJOR EYE ROLL* --> **Sidenote: DD & DS are 10 mths 28 days apart, both born in 2009. DS turned 3 on Dec 28th which makes him share his age with DD for a month who wont be 4 till Jan 30th** So I proceed to explain this to her, the fact that they were both born in the same year making them less than a year apart but she doesn't let me get anywhere NEAR that subject. She's all, "I bet you were a teen mom" O_O "Yeah so?" Shes mumbling under her breath what sounds like "This is why kids dont need to have kids." Really lady? Dont you think I'd know if I had two kids on the same day? So she looks up at me and goes "they're 3, but they're not twins? Is that really the story youre trying to stick to?" I'm like "I was TRYING to tell you, they're 3, but he JUST turned 3, and she'll be 4 at the end of the month." Then DD starts bugging me about some skittles or M & M's....something I wasn't gonna buy. I tell her to leave the candy alone because it's bad for her teeth & you see this woman really thinking about what I said and goes "That doesnt add up" SHE CANT BE SERIOUS. WHY IS SHE EVEN TALKING TO ME? BETTER YET, WHY AM I RESPONDING? I STILL HAVE *NO* CLUE, BUT I WAS. "What doesn't add up miss?" "The dates" IS SHE REALLY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHEN I CONCIEVED? UGH "Miss, I'm not gonna sit here and talk to you about when my son was concieved. I would know if I had twins, and if I did, I'd be fine with telling people I had twins." In my head I'm like: Don't you think it'd be easier to tell people I was 18 with two kids because I had twins, not because I couldn't control myself? So she asks me how old I am, since I claimed to be a teen mom. "I'm 21. I'll be 22 next month" She goes back to adding whatever the hell she's adding, to go "Well atleast that makes sense" O_O UGH LEAVE ME ALONE. I'M TRYING NOT TO BE RUDE HERE. I'm finally at the check out & then she starts shit talking my groceries. "Oh you're not gonna feed them that are you?" I'm ignoring her at this point, because she was really getting on my nerves. I had a couple packs of chicken, a pack of carrots, a pack of celery (they love raw celery sticks) some apple juice and a couple other things. She's bitching because I don't do organic veggies. UGH wtf is this womans problem? I know I'm not the only person in 2013 that hasn't gone organic. Why didn't I need a few more thing so that I walked around the store longer & missed her in the line? First she basically tells me I'm lying about when my children were born, and then I'm shit because regular veggies are good enough for us. What did I do to deserve this shopping trip?
Guess what? My kids ate those veggies and they're still alive! <3

I meant to post this a few days ago, but never felt like typing it out lol
Here they are with daddy

and here they are alone: (DD, 4 on Jan 30th)

DS (turned 3 dec 28)

CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

babies

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Replies (131-140):
notquite2sets
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Quoting _WC_Mama:

Aww how ADORABLE

Quoting notquite2sets:

my babies

I'm 32yo with 9yo twins that none even knows are twins. my lil babies are 1year and 14days apart and I get that all the time since my youngest is so big. no matter ur age u know what came out ur body.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jennyanne322
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
They are Irish twins. Siblings that are less then a year apart. Next time just say they are my Irish twins. They are adorable by the way.
tecsabates
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Your kids are adorable! :)

I gotta say, you must have amazing self control. I don't think I would have been able to refrain from telling her to go f*ck herself......

EmmaGlenn20
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

That's my biggest pet peeve - when people try to argue with you about your own body / own children. I had a lady downright TELL me and insist that I was carrying twins at 30 weeks....um, I've had 2 ultrasounds, it's one baby, but thanks.

smtxcowgirl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
What a rude woman.

About the veggies, I would have said, "No, those are for me. We're going to stop at McDonald's on the way home for them" LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedBeX3
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

your children are adorable!!! those glasses on them are so cute.

but to your story.

pfff brush it off your shoulder. some people are so bored that they need to speculate and pick apart others lives bc they themselves dont have one to figure out. I'm sure it was irritating tho.

NyiaBaby216
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Lol DD is, DS is huge >.< hes heavier & taller than DD is

Quoting sassygoddess:

They looks sooo tiny...they are adorable

Angelanscalf89
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:41 PM
My moms kids are 11 months apart to the day my brother will be 6 march 11 twins (boy and girl) will be 5 on february 11 so for 1 whole month my mom will have 3 5 year olds but no ones ever asked if thier triplets maybe because my brother is big for his size and looks to be about 7 and the twins look like theyre 4 (they are but almost 5) theyre small for thier age. Now on the other hand before the twins were born I took .my brother everywhere with me he was 10 mnths dd was 5 mnths and everyone always asked if they were twins and Im like yeah sure hes just big and shes small and they have different dads (shes mixed)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilyCT
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM

You're welcome. I can't help but tell people about the bad things growth hormones cause. It can cause Precocious puberty, you can look it up if you want. You don't neccessarily have to go organic, just look for hormone free, sometimes you can find it in a grocery store, sometimes you can find a local farmer, or you can look on Localharvest.org for a source. Or you can ignore me, because even to myself I sound like a preachy busybody.

On the original topic, I have to tell you that I have an DD who is 11 and a DS who is 10, They are 22 months apart so from April when my son has a birthday to August when my daughter has hers, they seem to be just a year apart, and I have been asked twice lately if they're twins, and both times it made me think of you. I also have an 8 year old DD who is actually 17 months younger than my 10 y o. She was a surprise bonus baby, we were using birth control. But she is very tiny so at least they are never mistaken for triplets.

I hope you're doing great and enjoying your babies! 

ADHDmommyandson
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM

OMG she was nuts  your are better then me i would have giving her a piece of my mind 

BTW your kids are so damn cute have you thought of modeling for them 

my  friend has 2 kids one was born  June 29th and her twins were born July 3rd the next yr 

here is the  kicker her older one had some issue so he didn't get his first bottle till the twins were born  so it really was like having triplets and the fact they were all around the same size growing up the older one and one twin are the ones that look like twins ppl always questions her 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN