Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Make you sick or just creepy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Same here

Quoting Jessy613:

Quoting MommyFlood:

I've never seen one and hope I never do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

No, it's just a little blood, no need to waste the egg. Despite the common myth, blood in the egg does not mean that the egg was fertilized, it is just something that forms in some eggs, sometimes they get a little blood clot. I have had eggs from chickens that had no contact with roosters, no way they could be fertilized, with a little blood in them. Sometimes when an egg is being formed, a capillary bursts inside the hen and a little blood gets inside the forming egg, no big deal.

Purple_Pixie
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Eh, I'm afraid of it happening to me again. The first time it took me a long time to break eggs again.

Quoting teri4lance:

I may have to do that. Although I'm 39 and this is my first one. What are the chances of it happenung again?

Quoting Purple_Pixie:

Never had a bloody egg, I have had a somewhat formed chick, and another one where the egg was fertilized and cell seperation was just starting. I don't break eggs open into my pan or bowl that has everything else in it. I now break each one seperatly into a small dish.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kzuehlk
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:27 PM
It happens a lot more often with farm fresh eggs. I had never seen one before we started raising chickens and stopped buying eggs at the store. We ended up with maybe a dozen or so bloody eggs last summer...we were getting probably 30 eggs a day though. I just throw them out or feed them to our dogs

Quoting teri4lance:

I may have to do that. Although I'm 39 and this is my first one. What are the chances of it happenung again?

Quoting Purple_Pixie:

Never had a bloody egg, I have had a somewhat formed chick, and another one where the egg was fertilized and cell seperation was just starting. I don't break eggs open into my pan or bowl that has everything else in it. I now break each one seperatly into a small dish.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I just scoop out the spot. Only once have I broken the egg open and the entire white part was blood tinged, so I had to scoop the whole thing out. It wasn't mixed into whatever I was cooking yet, though, so I got enough of it that it didn't bother me and kept cooking.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Batteries Not Included
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Oops...replied to the wrong post!

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Batteries Not Included

dallascowboys82
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Ewwwwww.... Lol

Quoting teri4lance:

I cracked one into my cheesecake and couldnt get it back out. I tried. So I mixed it up and didn't say a word.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Quoting LucyHarper:

No, it's just a little blood, no need to waste the egg. Despite the common myth, blood in the egg does not mean that the egg was fertilized, it is just something that forms in some eggs, sometimes they get a little blood clot. I have had eggs from chickens that had no contact with roosters, no way they could be fertilized, with a little blood in them. Sometimes when an egg is being formed, a capillary bursts inside the hen and a little blood gets inside the forming egg, no big deal.

lol thanks for making me feel better. 

I ate the cheesecake  it tasted delicious. extra protein ;-) lol

Without ME there would be no awesome!

SkylarBeth
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:16 PM

its just a fertilized egg, it won't hurt you, its just gross

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)