Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Make you sick or just creepy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Replies (41-50):
TableforSeven
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I always crack eggs, individually, into a small glass bowl and check each one for blood. If there are any - which has only ever happened once (so far) - it gets thrown out.  

There are religious reasons that a bloody egg would be a problem for us.....so they must be checked or they could make a dish no longer kosher (eggs are considered pareve (neither meat, nor dairy), blood would mean the egg was meat and could not be used in a dairy dish since we don't mix meat and dairy).

Christine9576
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Creepy

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I've never seen one, but I would not use one if I came across it.  I'd probably gag if I saw one, though.  The weirdest kind of egg I've seen was a double-yolk one.  I saw my first sometime last year, and my second a few weeks later.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Quoting taniamorse85:

I've never seen one, but I would not use one if I came across it.  I'd probably gag if I saw one, though.  The weirdest kind of egg I've seen was a double-yolk one.  I saw my first sometime last year, and my second a few weeks later.

that happens a lot with jumbo eggs...

Without ME there would be no awesome!

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:17 AM

That makes sense.  The strange thing was, they were medium eggs both times.

Quoting teri4lance:

Quoting taniamorse85:

that happens a lot with jumbo eggs...

Cherish77
by Cherish on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:38 AM
That's what I do.

Quoting Purple_Pixie:

Never had a bloody egg, I have had a somewhat formed chick, and another one where the egg was fertilized and cell seperation was just starting. I don't break eggs open into my pan or bowl that has everything else in it. I now break each one seperatly into a small dish.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
janessa27
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:37 PM

This just happened to me the other day!! Call me naive but I had never even heard of this. Needless to say- my pregnant butt was gagging all morning and my DH had to make my 7 year old (new) eggs. Gross!!

pregnancy week by week
oOoLeilanioOo
by ♥Leilani♥ on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I find blood spots occasionally, i finally decided to google why it happens and now it doesn't bother me as much any more... we eat bloody meat all the time. as long as its cooked then whatevs. =P

oOoLeilanioOo
by ♥Leilani♥ on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I do this too but mostly to make sure I don't get eggshells in the food.

Quoting Cherish77:

That's what I do.

Quoting Purple_Pixie:

Never had a bloody egg, I have had a somewhat formed chick, and another one where the egg was fertilized and cell separation was just starting. I don't break eggs open into my pan or bowl that has everything else in it. I now break each one separately into a small dish.

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Never had one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)