Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I don't understand how he could do this? ~~BIG EDIT!!!~~~UPDATE AT BOTTOM OF OP!~~

Posted by   + Show Post
My boyfriend has been having issues lately. He spent 3 weeks in the ICU over Christmas due to pancreatitis. He had to pay 3700 for a new motor for his car. Apparently something happened at work, which I don't know what it was because he was too pissed off to talk about it. But at one point he was telling me that this is how much he was behind right now because of a mortgage he has here and his rent and utilities where he is at. He's in Minnesota, I'm in Nebraska. He lived here when we started dating, he moved there for a job. So anyway, I understand that he's really stressed right now about his job, his bills and everything, but he would text me when it was convenient for him I guess. So on the 8th, he was sending me pics and talking to me and everything in a great mood. I called him that night and he didn't answer... No surprise there. He did text me back saying he would call in a bit. It was 9 pm. At almost midnight I tried calling him again.. No answer. Then I texted him and said 'disappearing act again or just ignoring me for the night? ' that sparked an argument. He texted me telling me that he was working underneath a car so he couldn't text me or talk on the phone and the stuff he was using had only 90 minutesbefore it hardened or whatever (he's an auto detailer) and then he proceeded to say if you don't mind me getting fired for wasting materials which I've already gotten chewed out for, then I can do that, if that's what you want. If not, I need to get off the phone and put my gloves back on and finish the work I started. So then I'm like carry on we'll talk tomorrow and thanks for making me feel like shit by the way. Then I went to bed. The next morning on the 9th I texted him good morning I'm sorry for being such an insensitive asshole last night and he didn't say anything, later in the after noon I was like could you please acknowledge my messages once in a while please? And he texted me saying this "I love you. I'm having the worst fucking day of my life so far." and that's the last I heard from him. What do you think that means? Better yet.. Ask your hubby's what it would mean if they had said that and then disappeared. I'm so upset, I don't know if anything bad has happened, or if he's in the hospital again, I haven't met his parents yet nor do I know their names.

EDIT- as far as him being in the ICU, he has pancreatitis, he was in the ICU for 5 weeks in 2010, and then for 3 weeks over Christmas

GOOD CALL LADIES! THIS MOTHER FUCKER IS INDEED MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm retiring from dating, his wife is getting the pictures of him sleeping in my bed.

~~UPDATE 1/27/2013~~~

Since I had posted this, he has responded, I confronted him about being married and then he ended up telling me that he had stage 4 cancer and had a year left to live. He told me that he had told his wife about us. Wrong. Judging by the message I got from her on facebook today, he hadn't told her but I really didn't believe him when he said that he told her. She doesn't believe me even with the pictures of him sleeping in my bed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
WenisEnvy
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Bump!
connie45
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Dear OP, wake up and smell the one sided relationship. Leave him be. Texting does not a relationship make.

Time to read between the lines babe. His actions.are screaming at you and you refuse to hear it.

It's over babe.
WenisEnvy
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I realize that. We do or did see each other on weekends, he did live here when we started dating. The first time he disappeared, I didn't get an I love you text prior. Why would he have even said that if its over?

Quoting connie45:

Dear OP, wake up and smell the one sided relationship. Leave him be. Texting does not a relationship make.

Time to read between the lines babe. His actions.are screaming at you and you refuse to hear it.

It's over babe.
connie45
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:56 PM
He "text" it to appease you or to hold you off or to throw you off track.

I hope you choose your dignity and leave him alone rather than,continuing to look for any plausible or implausible excuse and stop reading hidden meanings into his words. And they are only words.

Quoting WenisEnvy:

I realize that. We do or did see each other on weekends, he did live here when we started dating. The first time he disappeared, I didn't get an I love you text prior. Why would he have even said that if its over?

Quoting connie45:

It's over babe.

WenisEnvy
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I haven't text him.

Quoting connie45:

He "text" it to appease you or to hold you off or to throw you off track.

I hope you choose your dignity and leave him alone rather than,continuing to look for any plausible or implausible excuse and stop reading hidden meanings into his words. And they are only words.

Quoting WenisEnvy:

Quoting connie45:

It's over babe.

Due9
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:09 PM

He's just a boyfriend and it is a long distance relationship. It doesn't sound like it's working. Move on with your life.

WenisEnvy
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:26 AM
That's just it, when we are together, everything is perfect and great... It's when he goes home that we have communication issues

Quoting Due9:

He's just a boyfriend and it is a long distance relationship. It doesn't sound like it's working. Move on with your life.

romanceparty4u
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:29 AM

sounds to me like he really doesn't WANT you to know too much about him, his life, his location. I'm pretty sure that behavior would make me back off and start my life.

Quoting WenisEnvy:

I don't know what town he lives in now.. He just moved there from spirit lake iowa

Quoting adrianasmommy07:

I would text him that if he doesnt let you know that he is ok, you are going to send the police out for a welfare check and then follow thru.

rollinhard07
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Was thinking the same thing.

Quoting eema.gray:

So glad I'm not the only one thinking this!

Quoting Bax:

Personally, I think he's married.

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I understand the stress part my husband is like that- and we live together haha he'll be at work and sometimes can't txt back or call me , he's always always busy. I think it's hard right now because you two are not near each other , he's not coming home to you and I don't think he has time to cheat on you- he sounds totally busy.... Like my husband ... Mine can be a complete ass and be rude to me because he's stressed out- no it's not right but I get it- I know the feeling and sometimes we have to just understand that they're busy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)