Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sears portrait studio really pisses me off *added photo

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, my daughters 10 months so we went to sears to get her 10 month photos done. 

I scheduled the appointment online for 6pm. It shows what times are available and that was the only time left.

I called them to confirm that the appointment as set up, told them what time the appointment was, and who i was. first and last name. "Yep, your scheduled at 6"

Okay. 40 mile drive 1 way, 40 mile drive back. 

Get there at 5:50ish and theres another family their. I figured it was the 5 o clock people. The photogropher tells us that their was a mishap and that they called and canceled their appointment earlier, but then called at 5 and rescheduled it for 6. I was already scheduled for 6, i scheduled it at noon! So we got there and she said that she had to do theirs first since the time was originally (before they canceled) their time. She offered to stay til 7 which was an hour after they closed.

Pissed me off but i had stuff to do at the mall anyways so i waited until 7 to do our photoshoot. It lasted ten minutes. We got 8 photos. We werent even done yet and she says "okay i think we got some good ones" and went to start editing them while on the phone with her friend saying she wouldn't be much longer and then she'd be there. I get if she had to meet someone but seriously? 8 photos? She was crying in 3 of the 8 anyways.

Really pissed off with them.

And then she offers other family a free photo because of the mishap.

Uhm sorry but who had to wait an additonal HOUR?! They lived 5 minutes from sears, i live 40 miles. We got nothing additonal.

Time to switch to olan mills. 

**The photos were just posted online, and while im still not happy with the customer service, i did kinda fall in love with this picture. Even tho she was mid-cry :(

Ive looked into a few SAHMs who do photography and im going to try them next.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, it just sucks that we have none of those portrait studios around here.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
.KFeatherable.
by Kristyn on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:50 PM

we went to Sears one time. Never again. it was hot in the studio and the girl didn't even try to make my son smile. For his 1 year old photo shoot, he was crying in all but one photo.

Our local Target has done such a wonderful job at all other photo shoots that were taken of my boys!

I will never go back to Sears

WendyJR
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM

That really sucks. We've used them several times for the kids pictures and have had no real issues with them.

_WC_Mama
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:21 AM

I am sorry that happened,I would be pissed off too,I always took my Kids to Picture Me inside of Walmart since they were Babies but for 2 years now I have been taking my own photos,the last time i took one of my Kids to picture me was when my Daughter turned 6...

3boysmommaNY
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:24 AM

The first two times we went to Sears, they turned out good. The third (and last) time we went, our boys were 6m, 3y, 5yr and she took 2-3 individual pictures, and 5 family.. should wouldn't do some of me and my husband alone, or of 'brother' shots. We bought one of each pose that actually turned out, and left. Won't go back now. We try to get the sahm's that do photography now.. I'd rather support a mom who can do better work, than a big company.. 

Sorry your experience sucked!!! I hope you are able to right this situation! 

JasonsMom2007
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:28 AM
my favorite pic of all time of my son came from jcpenny. it was a once in a lifetime shot. but I take my own now :)

Quoting annas_momma:

I tried sears once. I have always used JcPenny and freakin love them!!!! They were all booked up one Christmas so I went to sears....I will never waste my money there again.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Report her. You're letting her get away with it.

Olan mills isn't much better. I had to wait two hours for my turn that I had scheduled in advance too and they did the same damn pose with my second child as with my first.

face84
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:38 AM

do you have a portrait innovations near you?  We go to them everytime and you even get your prints right then and there

ArisMom208
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Quoting face84:

do you have a portrait innovations near you?  We go to them everytime and you even get your prints right then and there

Never heard of them but i googled it and it looks like the closest one is in washington or colorado.

that sucks, even at sears it takes 24-48 hours before you can even see them online.

It would be awesome to have the pics right then and there. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

mummaluvshrbbs6
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I don't know what happened but sears would.not.tolerate what happened to you. I have been using them for twenty years. Their service is awesome. When my daughter passed I was not charged for any of the pics I had taken when she was three weeks old both her individual and family shots were given to me. She died at five weeks they also gave me copyright to all my photos of my daughter as well as the original negatives. Sears has always been.awesome. the customer service has always been amazing and the compassion shown to me will keep me going back. And btw sears does offer same day portraits I.know.I've bought them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:51 PM
First thing I would of done is talked to a manager!!!!!! Because I doubt she was even aloud to be on her cell let alone a personal call. That's unprofessional and rude! And seriously 8 photos? And 2 of them of the baby crying?? That's a horrible photographer!!!!! I wouldn't even pay for the package!!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)