Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sears portrait studio really pisses me off *added photo

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, my daughters 10 months so we went to sears to get her 10 month photos done. 

I scheduled the appointment online for 6pm. It shows what times are available and that was the only time left.

I called them to confirm that the appointment as set up, told them what time the appointment was, and who i was. first and last name. "Yep, your scheduled at 6"

Okay. 40 mile drive 1 way, 40 mile drive back. 

Get there at 5:50ish and theres another family their. I figured it was the 5 o clock people. The photogropher tells us that their was a mishap and that they called and canceled their appointment earlier, but then called at 5 and rescheduled it for 6. I was already scheduled for 6, i scheduled it at noon! So we got there and she said that she had to do theirs first since the time was originally (before they canceled) their time. She offered to stay til 7 which was an hour after they closed.

Pissed me off but i had stuff to do at the mall anyways so i waited until 7 to do our photoshoot. It lasted ten minutes. We got 8 photos. We werent even done yet and she says "okay i think we got some good ones" and went to start editing them while on the phone with her friend saying she wouldn't be much longer and then she'd be there. I get if she had to meet someone but seriously? 8 photos? She was crying in 3 of the 8 anyways.

Really pissed off with them.

And then she offers other family a free photo because of the mishap.

Uhm sorry but who had to wait an additonal HOUR?! They lived 5 minutes from sears, i live 40 miles. We got nothing additonal.

Time to switch to olan mills. 

**The photos were just posted online, and while im still not happy with the customer service, i did kinda fall in love with this picture. Even tho she was mid-cry :(

Ive looked into a few SAHMs who do photography and im going to try them next.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, it just sucks that we have none of those portrait studios around here.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Replies (31-33):
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Did you actually pay for that?

lizzie490
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Sorry that had to happen to you, but the picture is a keeper. Just don't schedule anymore photo sessions with sears! Good luck next time. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:20 PM

That sucks. The photo looks awful (although your childs a cutie!!!)

I dont do chain "photography" studios. I prefer to go to a real photographer bc of these instances

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN