Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Growth hormone issues with any of your kids?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:11 AM
  • 23 Replies
Hi! I have a 12 month old baby who has Failure To Thrive and GERD. He has been hospitalized several times for it and had a feeding tube as well for about a month. He refused to eat. To make a long story short his reflux has finally improved from spitting up all day long in big amounts to maybe 3x a week total. He still is not growing and gaining weight and they tried a few things to pack calories in him. He has dropped all the way from the 90th percentile to the 5th and now they are referring him to an Endo to check his growth hormone levels. Any have experience with this? Or problems? I've never been down this road. They currently have him drinking Pediasure 3x a day or 3 bottles total. I am a Mom of 3 so I'm not new to parenting either and know he is being fed plenty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaralynnStewart
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no experience with it but here's a bump.

Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:17 AM

good luck.   was or is he being formula fed or breast milk?   I hope they find answers for you.  DD dropped down to lower than the chart for a while but she followed her own growth curve so doctors were not concerned.

peaches_04
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Www.hazelaid.com
Diana_B.
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:52 PM
He was breasted till 9 months but never a good eater. Switched to formula for a month and still not a good eater. He switched to a whole load of crap because I couldn't get him to drink. All he would drink was watered down juice or Pedialyte. He has never ever been a good eater.

Quoting frndlyfn:

good luck.   was or is he being formula fed or breast milk?   I hope they find answers for you.  DD dropped down to lower than the chart for a while but she followed her own growth curve so doctors were not concerned.

Diana_B.
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:52 PM
He has not stayed on any growth curve since birth.

Quoting Diana_B.:

He was breasted till 9 months but never a good eater. Switched to formula for a month and still not a good eater. He switched to a whole load of crap because I couldn't get him to drink. All he would drink was watered down juice or Pedialyte. He has never ever been a good eater.

Quoting frndlyfn:

2girlsYES
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Good luck I hope you find something that works well for you & your LO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM

my daughter is on synthroid.  She has no thyroid function and would have stopped growing around 1st grade.  There really are no issues with it now.  As a senior in hs she is 5 ft6 and about 100 pounds.  She will be on the pills for the rest of her life as they do more than make her grow.

ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Try the "Raising Special Needs Kids" group. There are many moms in there going through what you are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diana_B.
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Do you remember what age this started?

Quoting NDADanceMom:

my daughter is on synthroid.  She has no thyroid function and would have stopped growing around 1st grade.  There really are no issues with it now.  As a senior in hs she is 5 ft6 and about 100 pounds.  She will be on the pills for the rest of her life as they do more than make her grow.

Diana_B.
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Will do! Thanks!

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Try the "Raising Special Needs Kids" group. There are many moms in there going through what you are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)