Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Some stories ought to be shared

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:30 AM
  • 8 Replies

I just made this poster for a friend, after an experience she had.   Please share it widely.

Here's what happened:

Last month Jehovah's Witnesses came to our door early in the morning. They were ringing and knocking and I thought it was someone of importance. When I opened the door there were two men standing and was like "You just woke up?" and I am like "Yes." He tells me "Well maybe you should stop partying." I snapped back by saying "I have an 8 month old!" he says "Well you should put him to sleep."

He was damn lucky I was too tired to say anything. I told my husband who was at the door and he got all pissed off and was going to tell them off, but he said they were already down the street and he wasn't going to go after them.

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
amyleigh80
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:34 AM
2 moms liked this
I can't stand those judgemental, ignorant and rude assholes. You should if said, "sorry, I was up late last night having sex with the neighbors. It was our monthly swingers meeting and let me tell you, not one hole was left unfilled! Now what did you need? Did you want to come next month?".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BluePandaDreams
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Stupid. I see nothing that needs to be shared.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wickedfiress
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Flick boogers on them next time. That'll keep them from coming back! 

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Quoting BluePandaDreams:

Not all 8 month old babies will sleep the entire night, no matter what the parents do.

An organisation that regularly sends its followers to knock on people's doors early in the morning, whether that's a package courier service or a religion, ought to invest in a little training, don't you think?

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Wow. Real Christian behavior on heir parts. 

BluePandaDreams
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Then perhaps the OP should have shared that simply wonderful solution instead of some inane poster.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

Not all 8 month old babies will sleep the entire night, no matter what the parents do.

An organisation that regularly sends its followers to knock on people's doors early in the morning, whether that's a package courier service or a religion, ought to invest in a little training, don't you think?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clairwil
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Quoting BluePandaDreams:
Quoting Clairwil:
Quoting BluePandaDreams:

Then perhaps the OP should have shared that simply wonderful solution instead of some inane poster. 

If you make a polite suggestion then, even if it doesn't get ignored (and you have to think people have suggested this before - JWs have been at door knocking for decades), the money to pay for it would come out of their training budget.

If you mock them sufficiently to catch the attention of their public relations people, suddenly it becomes a priority for them, and the money would come out of the much larger publicity budget.

Heartlight617
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:40 AM
While I have nothing against other religions, I saw a picture the other day-a huge crododile in the foyer of a family's home. The quote? "Oh, thank goodness! For a minute, I thought it was Jehova's Witnesses!" (my ex-husband changed relions about once a year-he had a JW experince, too. He lost interest the moment they asked him to go door to door!)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN