Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Name Tattoos

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 43 Replies

For tattooed chicks ....

Do you have a husband/boyfriend's name tattoo? (love to see pics)

Would you get one? why or why not?

If you had one with an ex, did you or will you get it removed or redone (to camoflouge)?

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Nope. I have a lot of work on my and much more to be done (will eventually be a full body peice...not my face, neck, or hands though). The only thing I will never get is my husbands name.

armyvet06
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:52 AM
I have my daughters name on my shoulder blade and my dogs name on my right forearm.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momluv269
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Could you tell what your reason is?

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Nope. I have a lot of work on my and much more to be done (will eventually be a full body peice...not my face, neck, or hands though). The only thing I will never get is my husbands name.

Momluv269
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I know many have their kids names. Im curious about SO's names. Your kids will always be your kids, but getting anyone elses name ...... is different.

SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM

No names, well we both are planning on one with our son's name, his DoB, and his DoD on it but that's the only one.

We decided to do go a funky route and do matching with a twist. I have the kanji for husband, he has the one for wife ... they are in the middle of a tribal sun on our backs in between our shoulders. 

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM

It just isnt nessesary and Ive always found it to be tacky. I love my husband, he knows it, anyone who meets me knows it.....no reason to write it on my body. And lord forbid we break up. All the artwork on my body has deep meaning to me and is well thought out......putting a name on me that isnt a blood relative is a mistake I will not make. My childrens name....absolutely. Grandma's? Bring it on. Something that signifies my dh and I's relationship. Perhaps. But his name....no way in hell :)

Quoting Momluv269:

Could you tell what your reason is?

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Lilypie Maternity tickers
bowribbonmama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I have DHs name. It's in a ribbon on a heart locket with a key. The name is small enough to be covered IF something ever happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nazgor
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I'll never get any names tattooed on me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMissfit
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Absolutely not. Anyone that does, is a fool in my opinion.

Dh knows i love him. I will never tattoo his name on my body.
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I will only get my husband's name tattooed on me if it's a memorial tattoo he feels the same too 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)