Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Cheapo test says no?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

I bought a first response test and there was a faint positive line.

I bought an answer test and there was a faint positive line.

I bought ANOTHER answer test and there was a faint positive line.

Yesterday i took a cheap dollar store test and it said no. I took a second cheap dollar store test today, which is test day and it said no.

Now im kinda discouraged. I didn't want to believe it at first because it took 7 months to conceive my daughter. I finally started to believe it and now getting negatives.

Could it just be the test? I cant get another test right now so im just kinda waiting it out til my period starts to see.

With my daughter it was a cheapy $1 test from ebay that told me lol. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM

It could be the test or, I hate to say this, it could be that your levels are decreasing.  Like you said, wait it out and see.  Good luck!

ArisMom208
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:23 PM

BUMP!

damionsmama7195
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:04 PM

They say that 25 percent of all pregnanciea are miscarried very, very early on. It could be that you were pregnant and the pregnancy test picked up on it. I really hope that's not the case mama. Good luck!

supermom0609
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM
I always used dollar store tests.with mine. with this one i tested at 4 wks 6 days(6 days late) and it was dark positive in like 2 seconds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I'd get one done at the doctor office. They can do a blood test type that is suppose to be very accurate.

DragonMother10
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:26 PM
I wouldn't trust a dollar test, sometimes dollar things are defective. Either save up for a good one or maybe find a teen pregnancy center that does them free. You don't have to be a teenager to take a test.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ARClay
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:33 PM

It is probably because the First Response tests detect HCG at lower levels than the dollar store tests, which is why you could get positive earlier with First Response.  And Answer brand is made by the same manufacturer as First Response.  So if you're not even due for your period yet then that could be why it's not showing up.  If I were you I'd wait a few days and try again.  Hopefully by then it'll show up on the dollar ones.

mommy2alissa
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:06 PM

How late are you? I got BFP's with $ store tests, so I trust them

ArisMom208
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Quoting mommy2alissa:

Period was due today.

It never disapoints, always here first thing in the mornnig because when i wake up, i go pee and then starting bitching at the toilet for making me have my period.

(Yeah, i get that its not the toilets fault but its 6am, i havent had coffee yet and i obviously had pms at the time, even the dogs been blamed for it lol)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

mommy2alissa
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Ooohhhh. NEVER TEST BEFORE AF IS DUE. Rule number 1 so you dont waste tons of $$ on tests and go crazy. I would wait 2 days and if you do not get AF take a test first thing in the morning on the 3rd day. 

Quoting ArisMom208:

Quoting mommy2alissa:

Period was due today.

It never disapoints, always here first thing in the mornnig because when i wake up, i go pee and then starting bitching at the toilet for making me have my period.

(Yeah, i get that its not the toilets fault but its 6am, i havent had coffee yet and i obviously had pms at the time, even the dogs been blamed for it lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)