Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

You know what i can't stand

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this
When someone says "he is just your boyfriend, it's not like you are married". Wtf does that even mean? We have been together 6 and a half years. Just because we are not married DOES NOT make our relationship not real or any less than yours because your married and we aren't. Shit pisses me off. Ok, rant over.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM

lol Agreed. If you don't mind my asking, is there a reason you aren't married?

SO & I have been together 6 years too. I refer to him as my significant other because he ISNT my husband yet, and boyfriend just doesn't do it justice. lol 

la-cosa-nostra
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I hate that too. I also hate ” he's not your kids real dad” like he isn't the one raising them, like it wouldn't hurt them just as much to lose him.
inspain
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Legally, your relationship is meaningless.

I should add though, that I don't care.  I don't see the point in marrying unless there's some legal benefit to be gained.  

"If there is a God, why did he make me an Atheist?" - Ricky Gervais
AlwaysKISA
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Lol I know. My SO's sister says stuff like this ALL THE TIME. I just shrug it off since she is the one living here with us because her husband up and left her and move 2 states away. before that he was in prison for 2 years. they have literally spent no more than a total of 6 months together, and not even consecutively. Yet her relationship is somehow more "meaningful" than mine.

Lmao!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I use SO as well.  We have been together 11 yrs coming this summer.  I use "my guy" as well since he is no where near a boy's age (haha).

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

SO & I have been together 6 years too. I refer to him as my significant other because he ISNT my husband yet, and boyfriend just doesn't do it justice. lol 

talsey
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:46 PM
We have lived together since 4 months after meeting so it's not like this isn't a real relationship. There is really no one reason. We do believe in marriage. I guess we have had a rocky road this past year and a half or so but we have survived it and whn we feel it's right, we will be married:)

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:49 PM

SO always jokes that in the future he'll be like "This is my life partner of 20 years.." haha We will eventually get married. I want to finish school (college) first tho, and I'm just getting started, so we still have a couple years. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

I use SO as well.  We have been together 11 yrs coming this summer.  I use "my guy" as well since he is no where near a boy's age (haha).

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Christine9576
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:52 PM

It doesn't matter what others say...just how you view the relationship.

Mrs.Bolin
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM

i hear that. Me and my husband have been together nearly 11 yrs and married for 6. And we lived with each other for 3 yrs before we got married. Marrage doesnt change anything. Its a peice of paper. I think if your already living with each other and you know your gonna be with each other then its the same. If you werent living together than thats a totally different story

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM

There are a few stores around here that call him Mr "my last name"  ROFL  We are in a more steady relationship than some married couples we know.   

Congrats on finishing college !!.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

SO always jokes that in the future he'll be like "This is my life partner of 20 years.." haha We will eventually get married. I want to finish school (college) first tho, and I'm just getting started, so we still have a couple years. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN