Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What have you told your child(ren)?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • 10 Replies

What is something that you have told your child(ren) to get them to do something they are supposed to but are complaining about doing?

I just told my son that if he didn't wash his hands the pee germs would eat him alive. He didn't want to wash his hands after going to the bathroom. lol

I'm the type of girl who can only be defined as different, complicated, and unique.

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessicaRee
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this
My son had a phase where he pretended to be a bear and refused to put shoes on. I told him he had to put on his brown shoes or no one would believe he was a bear because his feet were white.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsjksimmons
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM

LOL That's pretty good!

Quoting JessicaRee:

My son had a phase where he pretended to be a bear and refused to put shoes on. I told him he had to put on his brown shoes or no one would believe he was a bear because his feet were white.

kappalopokis
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I tell DS all the time that if he doesn't wipe he's getting his pee and poop fingers all over everything. But, I think that's true.

Thunder storms are God bowling.

I sent Super Man (an action figure) to the shower with DS5 because he was afraid the snakes would get him. He said but that's a pretend Super Man, I said to fight your pretend snakes!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM

We told her the steeam coming out of vent above garage was dragons breath so she would not play in that area.

Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I just tell them I'm going to make them go to bed early. That usually does the trick.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:59 AM

that if I get to the count of 5 they will go to time out or a pop.  My 5 yr old didnt want to help take down the Christmas lights, so I told her then fine, I just will not put them up next year.  She then said well have Daddy help then, I said who is home right now, you or Daddy?  She started helping.  My kids know that I mean what I say and that I follow through.

yo_ho
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:16 AM

My oldest didn't like to change his underwear. So I told him that if he didn't, he would be wiping his fart germies all over his butt. 

IDK but it worked =)

EskimoKisses4Me
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:36 AM

Mine is to little to 'scare' or 'trick' him into doing things or maybe it just doesn't work on him cause he just looks at me like I'm crazy.. Lol..

But my little nephew (3 almost 4) and niece (8) are a different story!! All you have to do is tell them that you hear Frank coming down from the attic and they will do whatever you say.. If they won't listen we tell them they are going to wake Frank up and he is VERY hungry when he wakes up.. BTW Frank, is a fly!! Lol.. I'm pretty sure they have some hideous monster pictured in their minds but all he is, is a harmless little fly.. Oh if they only knew :)

I think they are cathing on to us though because now as they run away in "fear" they laugh..

Also, like every mother I have Santa on speed dial!!

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:23 AM

I can't remember scaring them into doing something but I've said things to make em not do stuff.  Like If they eat playdough their belly buttons would turn rainbow.  and once I had some slimfast in the fridge and I didnt want my son drinking any so i told him if he did his  butt would fall off.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:48 AM

mine isn't nearing as light hearted as some of these

when one of them blows the whistle in the house, i tell them i'll throw it in the garbage if they do it again, and 3 have ended up in the garbage so far

they keep spending their  money to buy a new one(cheap dollar aisle stuff) and they keep blowing it in the house

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)