Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

mother of the groom dress!! Help

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:06 AM
  • 21 Replies
I will be getting married in April 2013 and my colors are Green and Black!! like this and my MIL is now saying she wants to wear Black with Green!! what should I DO!!!   I wouldnt mind her wearing a sage/olive green but I can see her wearing the same colors!!! lol.. what happenend to not wearing black at a wedding!!

Amanda 7-5-99  Kiki 8-6-00 Adrian12-5-06  Jonathan Phillip 10-13-11

My Twin Angels got their wings 8-17-10 

https://melissamitch.scentsy.us/Home

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jers.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Tell her how silly she will look dressed like the bridesmaids.  Mothers of the bride and groom should stand out, not blend in.

periwinkle163
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I say as long as she's not wearing all white or all black let her wear what she wants, lol.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Just let her wear what she wants if she is paying for it.  She is a grown woman.   Black can be worn at a wedding especially since she is using green accents.

vazfrogjr
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:30 AM
I think im going to ask her to wear something different so she doesnt match the bridal party. She is the type that will try to steal the thunder!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Yeah MIL should be different than everyone else, at least age appropriate.  Not wearing black at a wedding??  In some cultures, its the color WHITE that is worn at funerals and not black.

brittanyjenean
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Is that the dress you want MIL to wear, because I don't think that is age appropriate. Secondly, I wore a black dress with polk-a-dots to my brother's wedding and it was cute.  There is nothing wrong with black so long as it has some sort of accent to it and she also looks her age.

vazfrogjr
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Oh the dress above is for the bridesmaid dress!! Im fine with black dresses but i think she will try to match everyone.
TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Sounds like a nice dress she chose.  I don't see what the problem is.  My mother word dark, dark brown....almost black....to my brother's wedding.  It had nothing to do with her making a statement (she was all for the wedding) - it was just a good color-choice for her.

Ninjascreenname
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Just be honest with her. Setting boundaries starts now!
edelweiss23
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Back before queen Victoria wore a white dress for her wedding, most brides and bridesmaids wore black.

Let her wear what she wants for the wedding. It is also her son getting married. Unless you want to start a marriage by pissing off your mother in law, you should give her a little leeway.

As long as she doesn't look like a hooker, you should be happy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)