Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Nursing and missed periods

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:31 AM
  • 3 Replies

So here's the thing... I had my daughter in April of 2011. It took a year to get my period back, and it was back for a good 5 months, regular as clockwork. I missed it in October, and no sign of it since. And NO, I am not pregnant, so don't even ask! I have taken multiple tests and know my body when I am pregnant. My daughter is an avid nurser, she is nearly 21 months old now... it's just interesting that I had my period, it was regular, always on the 20th-21st of the month for 5 days, like normal, then just gone again. Anyone have any ideas or has this happened to you?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:35 AM

it has not happened to me .  Mine can get wacky when it wants to change its routine as in when it comes.  I have known many women who are pregnant and still nursing their first child.

MusherMaggie
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Happened to me. Got mine back at four months with my son, then I realized he needed to nurse more than he was doing. When I increased his nursings, especially at night, my period went away again for several months, then started back but was not regular for a long time.
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Go get a blood test done at a drs office to verify that you're not pregnant. If that comes back negative, ask the dr what's happening. It could be nothing, or it could be something that needs to be watched or fixed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)