Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so scared to be induced

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:43 AM
  • 5 Replies
I was with my first (17 years ago January 10th) it was horrible! My body was NOT ready! Now in my last week of pregnancy I may have preeclampsia. I should be getting test results today.
I don't want to be induced again :( Do they always have to give pitocin? Or can they just try breaking my water first? I will be talking to my doctor but I'm obcessing over it right now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
supermom0609
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:47 AM
I had cervidil first and then they were gonna give me petocin but the cervidil put me in labor but the contractions were long and so painful. it was 23 hrs long and i had to push for 2 hrs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:48 AM
You could ask them to try to start with a foley bulb instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM
What is that?

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:45 AM

From what I understand (I was induced with pitocin, and sectioned because my body was not ready adn the doc, I'm sure, did pit to stress), it's a catheder that is inserted into the cervix, and it slowly filled until it dilates you to about 4cm or so. It will fall out when you've dilated to where it needs you to be. Usually, the forceful dilation causes contractions to come on.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

What is that?

Quoting ForeverInLove:

davnrori
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:12 AM

This is true. I was induced with my last baby at 40/+5 using the Foley cath method. I went in at 4pm on a Thurs. and had the Foley inserted. It was Very Uncomfortable while they were filling it but once it was full it didn't hurt anymore. The ball fell out by itself about 2 hrs later but I wasn't having any contractions. They let me sleep through the night and started a very low dose of Pit at 8am the next morning. I was encouraged to walk the halls of the hospital, bounce on the birthing ball, and basically do whatever I wanted to do...except eat, lol. My labor started at 2pm, they stopped the Pit because I was going strong on my own, my water was broken at 3pm, and my daughter was born on Friday at 4:06pm after only 2 pushes. I had one very minor tear and felt awesome. I could walk on my own pretty much right after she was born, lol, which was a good thing because they needed my birthing room almost immediately because some poor woman was 9 cm dilated and was about to give birth in the hallway because she waited until the last moment to come to the hospital.

I was a little nervous about being induced but I had my second baby at 41/+5 and I wasn't about to be that late again with the third. DS, my second baby, was 9.8lbs, had a huge head, had to be vac assisted out, and I had two 3rd degree tears with him requiring over 60 stitches to repair. Recovery from his birth took more than 2 months!My water broke naturally with him at 2am on the morning I was supposed to be induced, lol. I promised myself that if I had another baby I wouldn't go longer than a week overdue ever, ever again!

Quoting ForeverInLove:

From what I understand (I was induced with pitocin, and sectioned because my body was not ready adn the doc, I'm sure, did pit to stress), it's a catheder that is inserted into the cervix, and it slowly filled until it dilates you to about 4cm or so. It will fall out when you've dilated to where it needs you to be. Usually, the forceful dilation causes contractions to come on.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

What is that?

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)