Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sinus infection relief!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM
  • 30 Replies
Please give me your ideas to relieve sinus infection pain. Going on day 6, I have a bad headache, feel light headed, have bright yellow mucus, and ear aches on both sides.

I've tried Advil sinus, doesn't help. I've tried a Saline wash. I've tried Apple Cider vinegar. Nothing helps.

What do you do to relieve sinus infection pain?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:05 AM

you probably need meds to fight the inection, but a net pot will help, take a hot shower.

kappalopokis
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Okay I'll go buy one. I really don't have the money to go to the DR. Thanks!
aarensmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM

i used aleve to reduce sinus pressure n headache.... i was also on a z-pak(rx) to get rid of it. 

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Have you gone to the dr? You probably need a shot in your rear. I'm dealing with this mess all over again. I have had a stomach virus twice, then the sinus stuff, ear pain, coughing, headache and all that nasty junk. So tired of beingsick. Seems this upper respiratory mess is the hardest to get rid of.

aj23
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I use Advil cold and sinus so I'm not much help. The last time I got a sinus infection it was so severe that it was an orangish red color and if the Advil wouldn't have worked I would have had to go to the doctor. 

kappalopokis
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:46 PM
No I am uninsured and really trying to avoid a trip to the DR.

Quoting night.magic:

Have you gone to the dr? You probably need a shot in your rear. I'm dealing with this mess all over again. I have had a stomach virus twice, then the sinus stuff, ear pain, coughing, headache and all that nasty junk. So tired of beingsick. Seems this upper respiratory mess is the hardest to get rid of.

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:51 PM

a serious sinus infection, you'd likely need antibiotics for.. 

otherwise.. try sudafed? 

Lot's of water too!!!

kappalopokis
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I'm starting to think I don't have a choice about seeing a doctor. It's just an expense I really don't need right now.

Quoting jessi2girls:

otherwise.. try sudafed? 

Lot's of water too!!!

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I understand.. I avoid going to the dr's unless it's an absolute last resort. lol.. I've been using sudifed(sp?) and that's helps with my congestion and runny nose (although I have a cold.. not much antibiotics will help with with that, lol). 

Quoting kappalopokis:

I'm starting to think I don't have a choice about seeing a doctor. It's just an expense I really don't need right now.

Quoting jessi2girls:

otherwise.. try sudafed? 

Lot's of water too!!!

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Totally understand, I too am uninsured. You can try rubbing vicks vapor rub all over your throat, then sit or stand in a warm steamy shower or bath. Hope you feeling better soon.

Quoting kappalopokis:

No I am uninsured and really trying to avoid a trip to the DR.

Quoting night.magic:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)