Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel bad.But I don't know if I'm overreacting. LONG UPDATE!!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 14 Replies
My sister is pregnant. She's 27 weeks along. It'll be my first nephew. With her first pregnancy she miscarried at a month. I wanted to be apart of this pregnancy since she was extremely involved in Sergio's & Natalie's.
Well she had an ultrasound today & she invited everyone but me.
I'm hurt. I would have liked to have gone. I would have arranged a babysitter for my kids, but I wasn't even invited or mentioned. Then when I was talking to her earlier, I said my step dad was gonna watch my kiddos so i can apply at another place for a job. & she goes he can't watch them! He's going to my appointment & I said ok ill ask my grandma. Oh she can't either cause she's going to! I said well ok ill wait till after. & she said ok good. Then we hung up. Idk. I'm doing alot for this kid cause he's my nephew. He has clothes from newborn -12 months already since I saved all of Sergio's. they even told me to give her all of my maternity clothes that I bought for Natalie's pregnancy & my belly band & then she wants Sergio's old car seat after I buy Natalie a new one. She even said she wants the sit & stand stroller a lady gave me when I'm done. She expects all of this stuff that my kids are outgrowing to be given to her. Yet she can't even invite me to an appointment? This might be her last ultrasound unless theirs problems );
I told my mom & all she said was ill have her invite you next time.

So my mom calls me & says Oh they did a 3D!! We got to see him! He has your sisters nose & is a little chunk! He's so cute! I was just cool. Emotionless. I feel bitter about it. And then she says well she's going to have another ultrasound at something weeks so you can go with her then if her boyfriend doesn't go. I told her it was pointless. I'd rather not go. What's the point of forcing myself to be invited?? But oh I'm being sensitive my mom says. Screw that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2alissa
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM

where I went you could only have so many people in the room. Maybe it was the same with were she went?

Paperfishies
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it's beyond weird that she is asking so many people to come to an ultrasound.

i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I've had them plus my dh in there & her lol. They don't really care. Same with the hospital.
When Natalie was born,I had my mom,my step dad, my sister,my dh,my son, my mom best friend all in there. When I said I needed to push, everyone like ants scattered lol. My dh & my sister stayed.

Quoting mommy2alissa:

where I went you could only have so many people in the room. Maybe it was the same with were she went?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Lol. We're really family oriented I guess you could say?. I've had em all in there. Well not my step dad but my mom & grandma. Sometimes dh & my mom.

Quoting Paperfishies:

I think it's beyond weird that she is asking so many people to come to an ultrasound.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1L2CMommy
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I agree. Exactly how many people need to go to an ultrasound?? The tech probably looooves her. Smh!

Quoting Paperfishies:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Agreed. I come from a really close-knit, big family and I would have never dreamed of inviting anyone to my ultrasounds!

Quoting Paperfishies:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too...The ultra-sound was for my husband and I only, a private moment...and what would happen if the ultrasound tech and doctor found something wrong with the baby during the ultrasound? That would be awkward.

Quoting beadingmom17:

Agreed. I come from a really close-knit, big family and I would have never dreamed of inviting anyone to my ultrasounds!

Quoting Paperfishies:

Paperfishies
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Anyways, back to the OP...I don't think you're overreacting.  If this ultrasound is being treated as a family reunion, why weren't you invited?  Be straight with her and ask her what's up with her not inviting you.

i_lovedyoufirst
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:27 PM
It'll probably be some bogus excuse like,oh you have the babies & I didn't want them to be distracting. And then if I say well I could have arranged for someone to watch them,the usual response oh I didn't know.

Quoting Paperfishies:

Anyways, back to the OP...I don't think you're overreacting.  If this ultrasound is being treated as a family reunion, why weren't you invited?  Be straight with her and ask her what's up with her not inviting you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:28 PM

She sounds flaky.

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst:

It'll probably be some bogus excuse like,oh you have the babies & I didn't want them to be distracting. And then if I say well I could have arranged for someone to watch them,the usual response oh I didn't know.

Quoting Paperfishies:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)