Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you ever?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 8 Replies

This question is for all the SAHM's on CM. Do you ever feel guilty if your SO/DH comes home in the middle of the day and "catches" you not doing anything?

My SO came home as a suprise on his lunch break and I was passed out in bed taking a nap. I didn't sleep well last night and I AM 5 months prego(naps are essentail to pregnant women if you ask me). I still feel like maybe he was being a little rude about it though. Jokingly accusing me of being lazy and sleeping all day! He has a tendency to make "jokes" when he is really being quite serious! Then again maybe I am just being hormonal and paranoid. Either way I don't think I should have to feel guilty about not being up and doing somethuing constantly! I keep a house of 4 adults pretty damn spotless....and considering we have dogs in the house too that's not always an easy task!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Unless the house was trashed and I was doing nothing I wouldn't feel guilty LOL.

He would totally be understanding of a nap, he would actually be quite concerned since I rarely nap unless I am VERY sick.

pochaccotx
by invisible one on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM
No not really especially since he just had to take care of our 2 yr old for 3 days while I was in the hospital having our other ds. He learned I always tell the truth about how fast the 2 yr old can destroy the house. When I came home the house was destroyed lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybarnhart11
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Awww it sounds like you have a very understanding SO. I have only been with my fiancee just over a year, so he is a little bit new at this! I think he just hasn't yet figuredout how much work running a house full time and being pregnant are! lol

Quoting SuperPickle:

Unless the house was trashed and I was doing nothing I wouldn't feel guilty LOL.

He would totally be understanding of a nap, he would actually be quite concerned since I rarely nap unless I am VERY sick.

Amybarnhart11
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Yeah I also have a 2 y/o son that is with us every weekend and he can run through the house like a tornado in the time it takes me to go in the bathroom to brush my teeth!!! Lol

Quoting pochaccotx:

No not really especially since he just had to take care of our 2 yr old for 3 days while I was in the hospital having our other ds. He learned I always tell the truth about how fast the 2 yr old can destroy the house. When I came home the house was destroyed lmao

WillVon
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Nope. Because hub knows it's pointless to clean right away. Plus I've caught him playing his video games when he should have been putting dd down for her nap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Nope.  If I am not 'doing something' there is a reason for it....I might be sick, I might not have slept well the night before, I might just need a break.  I never felt guilty and DH never made me feel badly for it either.

davnrori
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:27 PM

HA! No. DH and I used to work in the same area when I was in the military (he's a signals analyst, I was/am a linguist). I know exactly what he does all day. Meetings, reviewing reports, evals, responding to email, and dealing with all the drama his subordinates come up with. I would say that he sits on his butt at a computer or in meetings bored out of his mind for 11 out of his 12hrs of work. Is he productive for all of those hours? No. Does he get to take breaks? Yes. Am I entitled to do the same thing even though I'm at home? You bet. In fact, if the situation were reversed, I can guarantee you that he would play video games at some point during his day every day.

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Kind of, though I'm not sure why. My husband is the first to tell me that I need to find time during the day to rest.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)