Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I was just told I should respect Obama because he is our President. Does that mean we should respect all leaders? Never question them, or be disgusted with them? What about Hitler? He was a leader. Should the Germans have really respected him or should they have stood up to him more dominantly? Should we just accept it and not do anything about it when our president is doing the wrong thing for OUR country? What about every member of congress? Should we just lay down for them as well, since they have power?

Note: all I said was that I cannot stand seeing him. When I hear him speak, I want to scream (being dramatic, but he makes me cringe)

Also note: I respect the position of POTUS, not who is in office now though.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
kris0921
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Respect is earned and he maybe a leader, but has yet to earn my respect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I believe in respecting people for their age and/or position....but they must work to keep that respect.

T-HoneyLuv
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:33 PM
He has my respect and I PROUDLY voted for him BOTH times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zebbyzebby06
by Sarah on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Who does he respect????
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Did God tell you all of that?

Quoting stephs5isenough:

Though I respect the office of the Presisdent very much, I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR OBAMA.  I think that the majority of our country was against him and he is completely against God and all that God stands for, I believe that God allowed him to be there because Obama is going to put things in to place that will lead to the end of the world: such as one world currency, gay marriage, and the mark of the beast which is happening now with the chips beginning to be put into foreheads of wrists~Obamacare is going to be part of all this.:

And several other things which are to take place.

It just all had to happen and Obama is going to be playing a major roll in bringing it all in.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GagaNTattooS
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Respect is earned not given. What has he done to earn it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mama2ETA
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

All I said was seeing him and hearing him speak makes me want to scream (obviously exaggerating). If I were to meet him, or have a conversation with him, I would completely show respect. Not because of his age, or because of his position, but because I respect people. I would call him sir, as I do everyone. I would be quiet while he spoke, and wait until he was done to speak. I am a respectful person, but I do not like anything that he does. I don't respect his decisions. I do not respect that pain he has caused my military friends. I do not respect the disappearance of the School Emergency Preparedness Program that him and Congress let lapse. There are many decisions I do not respect. I wouldn't act like I respect those decisions, but while disagreeing and showing my lack of respect for those decisions I would use tact and respect towards the person.

Quoting navybeauty88:

Yep. Questioning a leader or having a discussion about issues does not equal disrespect. Now if you are yelling over them while they are talking, name calling or in their face, that's disrespectful. Anything can be brought up and talked about in a respectful manner.

Quoting EsmeVincent:

this is what I say

Quoting mcwife86:

you can disagree with someone, lay out all of the valid points, and dislike the job they are doing and still be respectful while doing so.

ColieO
by I Rock on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I don't respect anybody in the government right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IndianaWynette
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:09 PM

You're so right...and it will stay that way as long as we keep paying them to get rich and be career politicians in the process..The only way to change things is with new blood and if it went back to the way it was in the beginning their would be new blood cause they didn't get payed they had to serve on their own dime..ie..They did it cause they loved to not to get rich...

Quoting davnrori:

You can disagree with someone and stand up for your own opposing opinions without being disrespectful and hysterical towards that person. Is there something about the President's visage that is so objectionable that you can't look upon him? You disagree so strongly with every word that comes out of his mouth that you cringe? That seems a bit outrageous. And comparing respect for Hitler as an argument against respecting all people in office, you don't think that's going a little far? Hysteronics are only going to get you so far.

No one, not Republican, nor Democrat, nor Independant, is doing a fantastic job running this country because they are focused so much on the government that they have forgotten who they really work for and represent and that's me and you. What are they losing out on? They are all rich and have job security. You think anyone in Washington gives two shits about your respect or your vote? No, they don't. You could go up to President Obama or John Boehner and argue politics with them for an entire day and guess what? They wouldn't even remember you the next day. So what do they care about? Not you, not your kids, not your neighbors, not your house, your neighborhood, your city, your county or your state. They care about how America looks to the world. They are so focused on being Number One Super Power, economically, militarily, and productively, that they don't care how they keep that status. Unless we, as American citizens, can come together as a group of 100s of millions then it's going to continue the way it is.

Arwyn724
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I was thinking she got the whole gallon jug of kool-aid.

Quoting greenie63:

Wow, I have images of the Westboro Baptist Church going through my mind. 

Quoting stephs5isenough:

Though I respect the office of the Presisdent very much, I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR OBAMA.  I think that the majority of our country was against him and he is completely against God and all that God stands for, I believe that God allowed him to be there because Obama is going to put things in to place that will lead to the end of the world: such as one world currency, gay marriage, and the mark of the beast which is happening now with the chips beginning to be put into foreheads of wrists~Obamacare is going to be part of all this.:

And several other things which are to take place.

It just all had to happen and Obama is going to be playing a major roll in bringing it all in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)