Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I was just told I should respect Obama because he is our President. Does that mean we should respect all leaders? Never question them, or be disgusted with them? What about Hitler? He was a leader. Should the Germans have really respected him or should they have stood up to him more dominantly? Should we just accept it and not do anything about it when our president is doing the wrong thing for OUR country? What about every member of congress? Should we just lay down for them as well, since they have power?

Note: all I said was that I cannot stand seeing him. When I hear him speak, I want to scream (being dramatic, but he makes me cringe)

Also note: I respect the position of POTUS, not who is in office now though.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Replies (91-95):
LectioDivina
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Part of the reason they wrote the Constitution and Declaration of Independence was so you could disagree and hate everything about a government leader- Enough to legally rally against them and replace them.

squeekers
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:26 PM

I will respect our president as a human and because he is the leader of our country, but as a free american, i also have the right to disagree with things he can say or does.

I'm an atheistic Humanist.
I love being opinionated about a lot of things.
SAHM of one teen DD. Married since 1989.
Awarenesses I follow: Epilepsy & Down Syndrome.
I am: Lactose & Alcohol intolerant.
Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:38 PM
My husband and i do not have a person that is on track with our beliefs on what this country needs because we are very in the middle. Some very democratic views and some very republican views. i actually voted for Romney, even though i detest that man for many things because it was what i believe our country needs.

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

Quoting Mama2ETA:

haha! I love how you assume I am a fox viewer. My dh and I actually make fun of fox.....But since I don't like that man you do, you feel the need to try to belittle me. I understand your definition of acceptance, and equality. His race has nothing to do with me not liking him. I do not like his unfulfilled, and insane promises and I do not like how unreasonable HE is.

You know what, you're right. I made some assumptions i shouldn't have. Are you a ron paulian or a typical GOP boehner-type? Or you tell me, is there any political or commentator figure that you agree with and embodies your belief?

I will say, obviously, that I am defensive of Obama. Its a deep feeling, but I can understand it going both ways.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Awe thank you that is sweet.

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

Quoting Mama2ETA:

I also will say that I REALLY do think your little girl is absolutely adorble! :)

And I've read some posts/replies you've made and from a mom point of view, i agree with a lot of the mom things you say (if i remember correctly) just obviously not political stuff :P

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomOfOneCoolKid
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Quoting greenie63:

Wow, I have images of the Westboro Baptist Church going through my mind. 

twilight zone right? That saddens me as Christian because Jesus was not about politics, he was about our souls.

Plus He never said whether he was a republican or a democrat LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)