Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Experiences with Ativan??? *So DH came home and I took one...

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM
  • 37 Replies

I have had a headache for 6 days...it actually turned into a migraine on day three.  That is also when I started clenching my jaw. And I can't seem to stop unless I am really concentrating on it.

Anyway I finally went to the doctor this morning. I got Imitrex for my head and Ativan to help "relax" things so I would stop clenching my jaw.

The doctor said to wait to take the Ativan until tonight when my husband is home. Which is all fine and good....but I am still clenching my jaw so my headache isn't quite going away, even with meds. So it seems I will get no relief until DH gets home who knows when tonight.

I am wondering if it would be ok to take it after I pick my oldest up from scouts. The concern is I have a 1 year old and I don't want to be out of it and trying to care for her. But my oldest is 15 and my middle one is 11 so I am wondering if it would ok to take it once we are all in for the night

So if you have taken Ativan how did it make feel? I know meds effect everyone differently but I am just curious as to what some of the common experiences are.

**And it hasn't done a darn thing....maybe because it is the lowest possible dosage (1mg) so at this point I feel the same as I did before taking anything :-/ this blows...and not in a good way...it was a 1 mg pill. I guess my tolerance is high ?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessicaRee
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:19 PM
When i worked at the hospital i would see the nurses give it to the inspirations patients to get them thru withdrawals. It pretty much knocked them for a loop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teaspring
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Since everyone is likely to have a different reaction to different medications, I would recommend following doctors orders this time as it's the first time you'll have taken it. 

ebbierowe
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Hmmm...ok thanks...

Quoting JessicaRee:

When i worked at the hospital i would see the nurses give it to the inspirations patients to get them thru withdrawals. It pretty much knocked them for a loop.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Yeah and I probably will. My teeth and head just hurt so bad.. :-/

Quoting teaspring:

Since everyone is likely to have a different reaction to different medications, I would recommend following doctors orders this time as it's the first time you'll have taken it. 

friendlymom5
by Lisa on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Wait for your husband. I take it for anxiety and have for years and still sometimes if I take with other certain meds it knocks me out.
Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:27 PM

awesome! It was a savior for me. I felt like I was dying. Ativan, along with mucinex was my savior!

ebbierowe
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Lol..but did it make you loopy?

Quoting Mama2ETA:

awesome! It was a savior for me. I felt like I was dying. Ativan, along with mucinex was my savior!

flower_momma
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Ativan made it impossible for me to stay awake. I would wait until hubby gets home. I hope you feel better soon.

JessicaRee
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Try holding a pen between your front teeth to help with the jaw clenching.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ebbierowe
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:36 PM
:-) I have been for two days...I snapped onw pencil already :-/

Quoting JessicaRee:

Try holding a pen between your front teeth to help with the jaw clenching.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)