Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The in laws

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:08 PM
  • 26 Replies

I posted before about how they treat my kids different. Since then I have talked to mother in law about it and she said they would start taking him more often as well. And since then they have only taken him one time and it has been two months since I talked to her about it.  They have taken my daughter a few more times and will be takeing her on Wednesday. So I asked if she would like them both on either Friday or Monday as my daughter has both those days off of school. She said no cause she has meetings all day Friday and training all day on Monday which is fine. I understand since she has to work. So I told her that's fine but you need to find some time soon to spend with him cause he will be upset that she is seeing you this week and he is not. And her response to this is we r looking forward to when he feels comfortable to spend the night. Which he never will if they do spend time with him. I am still so mad at the way they are doing things. I don't understand it. They started doing over nights with my daughter when she was two years old. My son is now four and has only been alone with them five times in his life. And they have used many excuses as to why they haven't invited him over for the night but they don't make since becuase of what they did with my daughter.

toddler girl                         toddler boy

Sarah                                           Luciano

(10-16-06)                                  (11-27-08)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Is he wicked upset when you leave him? Does he act up or out? Does he take direction and do whats asked ?

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Why are you still letting them take DD knowing it upsets DS?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baby7810
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM

my sisters in laws were like that wwith her 2 kids. they like the girl better than the boy :(

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Is he wicked upset when you leave him? Does he act up or out? Does he take direction and do whats asked ?

No he is not upset when I leave him. No he does not act up or out. And yes he takes direction and does what's asked as well as any child his age.

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Why are you still letting them take DD knowing it upsets DS?

Becuase then my dd would be upset either way I loose.

Crazylovingfam
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I wouldn't let either child go if they can no treat them both fairly. Meaning it don't have to exactly equal time but if they make one on one time for one they need to for both. Maybe offer to just bring your son over one day and you stay for the visit in case they feel like he is too much to handle alone that way he still has that special time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

I wouldn't let either child go if they can no treat them both fairly. Meaning it don't have to exactly equal time but if they make one on one time for one they need to for both. Maybe offer to just bring your son over one day and you stay for the visit in case they feel like he is too much to handle alone that way he still has that special time

Oh they are never going to take him by himself. It is always my daughter by herself of both of them the few times they have taken him. And that is what I told them two months ago. I told her when she asked to have my daughter the next week that yes she could take her but they needed to spend more time with my son as well and why. And she said ok that's fine and said she would take them both on Fridays after my daughter gets out of school for a few hours and they have yet to do that. They did take them one Saturday for a few hours since then but that is the only time they have taken him since I talked to her about it.

colins_mom
by Heather on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Start telling her that she take both or none. My brother had to.do that with his inlaws. They.were taking his stepson more than their younger two which made them feel like crap and like n was more important than them. My brother was pissed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Motherwannabe12
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Maybe they can't handle both of them at the same time. That still doesn't give them an excuse not to take him by himself. I can't handle my youngest neice/nephew together because they fight non-stop. The neice instigates the nephew and picks and hits on him constantly. Their parents REFUSE to let them go one at a time anywhere so they miss out on quality time with me and the fun we have together because nobody is allowed to have them one at a time. Yes, they should be giving your kids equal time with them even if they take them one at a time.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

No he is not upset when I leave him. No he does not act up or out. And yes he takes direction and does what's asked as well as any child his age.

sorry momma I'm not sure why she is choosing your dd over your little guy. Thats not fair or nice.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN