Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why are indoor waterparks so expensive?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 48 Replies
I was looking to take my kids to an indoor waterpark the last weekend of february to help with the mid winter blues...they love swimming and the water so I figured I can do a weekend trip.

The roomrates for these establishments are $225 and more! So a weekend would be roughly $500 for two days!! Include food,arcade,transportation and were looking at $800 or so...for a weekend!

I've checked four diffrent places and the rates are all rounghly the same ...nothing under $200 .

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kool_Aide
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:09 PM

This sounds like a normal and fair price. 

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Do you use groupon. I see deals for one about an hour from me all the time.
Also, check all the park districts in towns around you. I know a park district in a town about 30 miles from me has a indoor water park and the rates are $11
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:11 PM
2 moms liked this

eeek rent out the ymca pool and throw a party for less. We used to take out kids to a hotel with a pool 2 towns away during winter break. the rates were like $75 for the room.The pool was open until 10. we would get pizza delivered.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I went away last weekend and made a point to book a hotel with an indoor pool...basic, no bells and whistles and believe me, the kids were THRILLED! They said it was great to be able to swim in January lol  Save your money and just book a place with a pool, your kids will be happy enough with that, I am sure.

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

That honestly isnt that expensive. The rate isnt JUST for the room...its for the entertainment as well. I know plain old waterparks around here are 30-50/person in the summer for a day. So when you conside the fact youre getting the park AND a room, its cheap actually.

There isnt a rule against packing sandwiches and cereal. I know most our indoor parks have fridges in the room for milk (for cereal). Take a cooler and only eat out for dinner. Nothing says you have to eat dinner in the hotel....go to McD's

pinkysmommy720
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Just find someplace with an indoor pool and not an actual waterpark.

SupermarketMama
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:14 PM
No I don't even know what groupon is but I've heard it mentioned a bunch of times . I'm in NYC and I don't drive . The waterparks "near" me is all the way upstate which..is a definite NO. The one I'm thinking about is in Mt. Laurel nj. Cocokey resort. I know my kids would love and flip out if I took them there... I don't drive but there is a greyhound bus that goes directly to Mt Laurel and I figured I could catch a cab to the resort which shouldn't be no more than $30.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SupermarketMama
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I go to atlantic city with the kids and they have an indoor pool...and its pretty friggin boring for them . I took them to the nick hotel last year and that was there first waterpark experience and they just loved it. I'd love to be able to take them to a place like that during this winter .

I'm wondering if this is cheating...

The waterpark package is $225 a night with access to the waterpark for up to two days..I'm assuming the second day is supposed to be checkout day...

If I book a regular room it's $109.00 so I figured I could save money if I make two seperate reservations since the waterpark says up to two days...so that'd be Friday and Saturday ...and we'd leave on Sunday. I think that booking it that way would seem more reasonable ....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnapIt
by Movin' on up on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Did you check out great wolf lodge in PA
Probably the same, but doesnt hurt to try
Keep in mind its winter and not much to do outdoors now, so those prices may be a bit higher for indoor activity
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Have you looked into Splashdown Beach? It's outdoors and about an hour from NYC

http://www.splashdownbeach.com/

Quoting SupermarketMama:

No I don't even know what groupon is but I've heard it mentioned a bunch of times . I'm in NYC and I don't drive . The waterparks "near" me is all the way upstate which..is a definite NO. The one I'm thinking about is in Mt. Laurel nj. Cocokey resort. I know my kids would love and flip out if I took them there... I don't drive but there is a greyhound bus that goes directly to Mt Laurel and I figured I could catch a cab to the resort which shouldn't be no more than $30.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)