Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

books for kids...

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 15 Replies
List ur kids favorite books and their ages. I have two 50 $ gift catds, one for each of my kids and im not sure what to get. They r both three and they like long stories
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM

American girl books for my daughter and my son love Thomas the train books. They are six and four. They also love Winnie the Pooh and curious George 

toddler girl                         toddler boy

Sarah                                           Luciano

(10-16-06)                                  (11-27-08)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Dr Suess, Mo Willems are big hits at our house and we started about age 3. Clifford(red dog) series of books are good as well.  DD is 6 and she likes the Pinkalicious series as well as the old school grimms fairy tales.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Here is a sample of Mo Willem's style of writing.  He has a ton of other books but this one just happened to be on youtube.

HollyBoBolly
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I had my must haves for my son:  Anything by Shel Silverstein: The Giving Tree, A light in the Attic..... I got those for him when he was 4. The Sneetches by Dr. Suess when he was 3.  Actually pretty much anything by Dr. Suess.

Ugh there are so many, I want to go in my son's room to look what he has but he is already asleep. 

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM
My girls are 6 and 4 1/2. They like anything, really. They like funny books, learning books, princess books...my oldest likes Amelia Bedelia books, Caps for Sale, Blueberries for Sal, Skippy Jon Jones books, and Pete the Cat books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM

My dad had saved The giving tree I was given as a little girl to my dd.  Good shape except the spine has been chewed on.

Quoting HollyBoBolly:

I had my must haves for my son:  Anything by Shel Silverstein: The Giving Tree, A light in the Attic..... I got those for him when he was 4. The Sneetches by Dr. Suess when he was 3.  Actually pretty much anything by Dr. Suess.

Ugh there are so many, I want to go in my son's room to look what he has but he is already asleep. 

XandersMomma07
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:07 PM

My 5 year old loves Dr. Suess and has since he was like 18 months. He also likes the I can read it myself books. I think he only likes Dr. Suess because he gets a good laugh when mommy and daddy are reading to him and we get tongue tied from all the rhyming because his favorite book is Mr. Brown Can Moo Can You. He also loves Thomas the Train books or just anything about trains and other vehicles, cars trucks bulldozers motorcycles etc.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:55 AM

ds has been a harry potter fan since he was 7, he's 10 now and reread the series four or five times

he's also a Wimpy Kid fan, Captain Underpants, and Mary Downing Hahn, RL Stein, right now he's working his way through the Golden Sower middle grade nominees

dd is 7 and is marching through junie b jones, disney fairy series, Magic Treehouse, Ramona the Pest, but she still likes picture books, too Curious George, Where the Wild THings Are, Ladybug Girl, Fancy Nancy, Pinkalicious and all it's accoutrements.

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:45 AM

my youngest likes pinkalicious but loves all books (well all my kids do)

my middle loves R L Stein, The babysitters club and Nancy Drew

My oldest loves History and Mystery

Pinkjet5041
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Dr Seuss for sure!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)