Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today...AAAAGGHHHHHHH! I Really Need some hugs....please....

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:56 PM
  • 17 Replies

Today started out with me taking hubby to work so I'd have the car for a couple appointments...one for one of the kids the other for the dog...and ended with many tears.

puppyOur dog whom we got when she was just 7 wks old is now 10+ yrs old and over the weekend had an area on her tummy suddenly start to swell by later at night(6-8 hrs time) it looked like she had a 4" brat there. Yesterday it didn't change,then last night it grew some more and today it was even bigger. On the way to the vet she had a spot that opened and was bleeding. We found out that she has a very aggressive form of cancer(the area is hard) and the vet said that we could do sugery but,given what she sees it probably wouldn't get rid of it. They gave us some meds for pain and inflamation and said to keep her comfortable and bring her back when we are ready.

While I was trying to absorb all that was being said and worrying about my 3 youngest,my 18yr old was texting her older sisters and letting them know what was happening. My 25yr old is going to tyr to come and bring her two little ones and my 29yr ...I'm not sure yet. I hadn't even thought of that! I am so glad my daughter did. I actually hope and pray that after the kids have said goodbye and are ready that she will go to sleep and just not wake up.

This is breaking my heart! I was looking forward to moving and being able to let her run all over (our property) and play and bark without someone getting bent out of shape...like our neighbor does everytime she makes a sound. Now she'll never get to do that...it's NOT fair! angry I HATE cancer! Now I have to help my kids through another death and my grandbabies too....crying

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I am sorry that really sucks! We lost a lab and a cockapoo to cancer!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM

oh man.  Sorry to hear.  I have had to deal with human family members that have cancer and one can not be cured.    Hugs to your and the children.

cjsix
by faith on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Quoting babyspots17:

I am sorry that really sucks! We lost a lab and a cockapoo to cancer!

I'm sorry you lost your dogs too...

cjsix
by faith on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

oh man.  Sorry to hear.  I have had to deal with human family members that have cancer and one can not be cured.    Hugs to your and the children.

I have lost family to cancer too...including my Dad. That's why I hate cancer ... She's been fine and then in just a couple days ...

I'm sorry for the loss you have had in your family and for the family member who is fighting cancer now.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Quoting cjsix:

Quoting frndlyfn:

I have lost family to cancer too...including my Dad. That's why I hate cancer ... She's been fine and then in just a couple days ...

I'm sorry for the loss you have had in your family and for the family member who is fighting cancer now.

Thanks.  It seems that the big C touches each person now whether it be human family member, animal family member whomever.   A horrible thing to go through.  I hope your dog isnt in too much pain.

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I'm so sorry.  Cancer freaking sucks.  ((((((Hugs))))))

cjsix
by faith on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Quoting taniamorse85:

I'm so sorry.  Cancer freaking sucks.  ((((((Hugs))))))

Thank you.

Bax
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I am SOOO Sorry. 

cjsix
by faith on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Quoting Bax:

I am SOOO Sorry. 

thanks...

DragonMother10
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Aww, I am so sorry, it's breaking my heart that your family is going through this. Pets are family too. *big hugs*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN