Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Without getting angry, rude, name calling or belittling can you....

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 156 Replies
1 mom liked this

Please explain this to me? They only had this class Nov 17-Dec 17. No classes planned this year. No classes before Nov 17th.

There were 4 classes before Dec. 14th, Dec 14th, and then One class Dec. 17th, and it disappeared. FEMA actually renamed the class too, but the new class isn't on the schedule at all.

FEMA L-366 Planning for the Needs of Children in Disasters

Dec 14, 2012

FEMA L-366 Planning for the Needs of Children in Disasters

The goal of the course is to enable participants to improve their community’s mitigation and emergency operations plan specifically regarding the needs of children. The course will provide them with the information needed to address the unique needs of children prior to, during and following disasters. It will also provide them guidance and direction on how to form coalitions and how to become advocates for the unique needs of children in all aspects of emergency management.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
• Articulate the importance of providing for the needs of children in disasters in your community’s current emergency management plan.
• Explain what is required to keep children safe in emergencies and why those needs are unique.
• Explain the assumptions, concept of operations, organization and assignment of responsibilities that address the unique needs of children prior to, during and following disasters.
• Explain the planning components necessary to address the unique needs of children prior to, during and following disasters
• Incorporate the unique needs of children in disasters into Emergency Operations Plans
• Identify stakeholders and organizations that can assist in preparing for the needs of children in disasters.
• Initiate steps to form coalitions and build teams that have a stake in keeping children safe in disasters
The target audience for this course is local and state emergency managers and planners, Child Services Agencies, NGO’s, Child Care Providers, Schools, and Faith-based Organizations.
1. As of October 1, 2012 anyone applying for FEMA courses must obtain a FEMA Student Identification (SID) number. For more information and to obtain a SID go to: https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/
You will need this number to complete the course application form (119-25-1) that will be filled out at the beginning of the class. FEMA certificates will be mailed to participants after completion of this course.
2.Class size is limited to 30. Please sign up as soon as possible to guarantee a spot in the class of your choice.
3. There are no prerequisites for this class.
4. There is no cost for the class and lunch is on your own.

Please watch this short video on how to setup an account.

http://www.ct.gov/demhs/lib/demhs/training/reg/registration.html

This event is 46 miles from you (06106).

9 AM - 4 PM

Email: christopher.ackley@ct.gov
Phone: (203)-696-2640
5 of 40 seats still available
Last day to register: 12/13/2012
Sorry, you may not register for this event.
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Not one person can answer this?

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't know what you're asking
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:32 PM

can you explain why they have THIS class 20 minutes from the school, Sandy Hook, ON the day, and 3 before, 1 after? It is ironic. Not one class besides those before or scheduled this year. Look at the name of the class.

Quoting kitty8199:

kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Ummm negative. Hmmmm

Quoting Mama2ETA:

can you explain why they have THIS class 20 minutes from the school, Sandy Hook, ON the day, and 3 before, 1 after? It is ironic. Not one class besides those before or scheduled this year. Look at the name of the class.

Quoting kitty8199:

Rust.n.Gears
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Maybe because the community is crippled by the tragedy and they still need time to get themselves back together. I

t took almost a year after the first tornados for our community to do classes on how to deal with them. The whole area was torn apart and barely able to figure out what to do next.

Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:36 PM

then please explain why they didn't have them before November 17th, and why the Governer said that they were warned something like this may happen in their state.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Maybe because the community is crippled by the tragedy and they still need time to get themselves back together. I

t took almost a year after the first tornados for our community to do classes on how to deal with them. The whole area was torn apart and barely able to figure out what to do next.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:37 PM
14 moms liked this

Oh - I thought this was a real question....now I see it is just a conspiracy theory thing.  Good luck with that.

Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I take it you have no explanation. Got it. Thanks for bumping!

Quoting TableforSeven:

Oh - I thought this was a real question....now I see it is just a conspiracy theory thing.  Good luck with that.

lovebugs_mom906
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you one of those that believe in the conspiracy theory floating around right now? Is that where this is going?

Quoting Mama2ETA:

then please explain why they didn't have them before November 17th, and why the Governer said that they were warned something like this may happen in their state.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:41 PM
3 moms liked this
Coincidence?

You think they set up a disaster preparedness class near sandy hook, made this boy go all postal, kill his mom and a bunch of kids and teachers for... practice?

And who warned the governor personally someone might go all postal at sandy hook that day that time?

Ockham's razor folks. Google it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)