Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm going to scream!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:26 PM
  • 11 Replies
I'm so ready to scream. My day was me taking more steps back then going frontwards. I took my foster daughter to a dentist since she has two cavities. They suggest for me to take her to a pediatric dentist. Problem not all takes her insurance. The one who does take it, she can't take her till may. She has an eye appt tomorrow and I hope it goes better then the dentist. My son is driving me nuts on going to bed but at least my foster daughter is in bed and not driving me nuts. So I think I might just scream and throw my arms up in air an just give in. Whatever is against me is winning the battle big time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazymom21
by *giggle snort* on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:35 PM
It'll get better. Hard to picture it now but it always does.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommykc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Thank u! It just feels like something is against me to accomplish what I want and that is to get her teeth fixed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lexi-lou22
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:46 PM
I was once told if something is easy your not doing it right! Have a bubble bath (when you get the chance) light a candle and exhale!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Do you think she will behave for the dentist to fill the cavities?  If you think she will be ok - then make the appintment at the dentist she already knows.  Just because they suggest you see a pediatric dentist doesn't mean you HAVE to.

My older son has soft teeth.  He gets cavities.  The first time he had one he was 5 years old.  We are friends with our dentist...the kids started going to him when they were 3 years old....but when DS got his first cavity, our dentist suggested we might want to try a ped dentist.  I told him I knew DS would behave for him because he already knew this dentist and was comfortable with him.  We agreed to give it a try there....everything was fine and there were no problems at all.

((((hugs)))) for dealing with such a crappy day.

mommykc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I wish it would have worked out that way but it didn't. She started to cry and move alot and that was just him looking at her teeth. So that is when he said she will need to see a pediatric dentist that can sedate her to work on them.

Quoting TableforSeven:

Do you think she will behave for the dentist to fill the cavities?  If you think she will be ok - then make the appintment at the dentist she already knows.  Just because they suggest you see a pediatric dentist doesn't mean you HAVE to.

My older son has soft teeth.  He gets cavities.  The first time he had one he was 5 years old.  We are friends with our dentist...the kids started going to him when they were 3 years old....but when DS got his first cavity, our dentist suggested we might want to try a ped dentist.  I told him I knew DS would behave for him because he already knew this dentist and was comfortable with him.  We agreed to give it a try there....everything was fine and there were no problems at all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommykc
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I might take u up on that.

Quoting lexi-lou22:

I was once told if something is easy your not doing it right! Have a bubble bath (when you get the chance) light a candle and exhale!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Aw...sorry to hear that.  Call your insurance company and find out what pediatric dentists in your area they cover.  That is probably the best place to start.

Quoting mommykc:

I wish it would have worked out that way but it didn't. She started to cry and move alot and that was just him looking at her teeth. So that is when he said she will need to see a pediatric dentist that can sedate her to work on them.

Quoting TableforSeven:

ilovemyson2002
by mom of 2 boys on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM

hugs and good luck  my oldest wouldnt let a dentist look at his teeth nether when he was younger plus he has adhd and odd and didnt talk   last year he started letting the dentist look at his teeth  but he is still scared but does good  he had a lot teeth filled and cavities   

baseballmom5416
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM

ive been there many of times..it will get better.just take a deep breath..i know its crazy to do but it does help.it helps me.and the scream does help also.

trainlady
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Let's suppose you do stand up and throw your arms up in the air and scream. Just what do you think will happen? First off you are going to scare the hell out of your sleeping daughter. She is going to wake up thinking someone is attacking her and have nightmares for a long time afterwards. Did that accomplish anything, no. Second you will probably scare your son as well and it will make it even harder to get him to go to bed. What you are going through is the same thing the majority of mothers go through everyday. You signed up for this when you got pregnant. Just remember in the long run there are going to be many more GOOD days than bad days over all. We all go through these days and want to bang on the wall or scream our heads off or throw something and break it, but as adults we have to deal with it in a different manner. Now after the kids have gone to school if you feel like screaming do so. Have a hell of a good scream and throw pillows and punch them and get it out of your system. In the meantime go get yourself something warm to drink, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, etc., and sit down and sip it and watch television or read to get your mind off of the problems right now. Let the warmth of your drink sink in and then get up and stretch and get on with your evening. Good Luck, you are making it through the night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)