Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What to do..what to do...

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM
  • 40 Replies
I'm not working right now and I'm sorta waiting on a settlement (long story but a driver fell asleep at the wheel and hit my car with all 3 kids in the car, they were fine. I have a slipped disk and pinched nerve this happened back in Aug. of last year I have physical therapy to finish and epidural injections to do now oh and my new car was totaled) and on top of that my work let me go because they couldn't accommodate my work restrictions( too long of a story - went to court) anyways back to what I really want advise on, it was sorta a blessing in disguise- I have an opportunity to go back to school for Respiratory Therapist it's M-F from 1-5 everyday. My kids are in school and my last baby starts kindergarten this school year so all my kids (3) will be in school. I'm wondering if I should start?!! I'm sorta nervous about starting school again , babysitting issues , math!!! Ugg my worst subject in HS.... I guess all I have are excuses!!! Lol.... I should just start!!! Anyone recently go back to school??? Thanks for input ladies!!! This girl right here could use some!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Bump for responses!!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ferrellmt
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Go. it sounds like a fine time and a good opportunity. I went back to school at age 51 with 4 teenagers. It can be done. I am getting my masters in social work and graduate this june. you can do it!

FunnyKids
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Go for it! You can do it and you will feel great when it's done
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I say go for it!You'll be glad you did when you're done :) The schedule sounds quite easy!

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Thank you!! You are inspirational!!! It's never too late!

Quoting ferrellmt:

Go. it sounds like a fine time and a good opportunity. I went back to school at age 51 with 4 teenagers. It can be done. I am getting my masters in social work and graduate this june. you can do it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Yeah the schedule isn't half bad. One thing though the recruiter asked me was "how do I deal with death" because being a Respiratory Therapist you're part of a team of people who are there to a patient first whether its a heart attack victim or a drowning victim ..... And any age.... So that would be something I would have to think about. I think I would be ok! I would be pumped up with adrenalin during .. It's afterward that might get to me!

Quoting MrsApple:

I say go for it!You'll be glad you did when you're done :) The schedule sounds quite easy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Bump for more input! Thx ladies!!!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Bump for more please
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN