Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

3 kid momma's, I need your help with something!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hello all!

My husband and I currently have two kids (7 and almost 2). We are talking about trying to expand our family very soon. My question is, what kind of vehicle would be a really good option for fitting 3 smaller children in? Right now, I have an Acura TL. I love it, I REALLY don't want to get rid of it but the miles are getting pretty high and it isn't very roomy if we add another car seat. I have my eye on the Ford Edge. Do any other mom's drive this? How do you like it? What are some other options? Oh, yeah, and we need something with a decent price tag lol!  I'd really appreciate some feedback. Thanks!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
md3mom
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Once we had number 3, we went to a minivan, a Honda Odyssey. I thought I wouldn't like it, but I love it. We also can fit all three kids in the back of our Hyundai Sonata, but they're a bit older now. So we have two in boosters and one in no car seat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2B1G_L.E.F.T
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
We drive a Tahoe.
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I love my Dodge Grand Caravan. I was reading on another group that the Edge is very tight on space with three across. It can be done but it might mean buying new car seats all around to accommodate three.

I would personally go with a mini van though.

dawn81700
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I have a chevy suburban, it is my 2nd suburban. I had a minivan and wanted something with 4wheel drive. I have 4 boys and did daycare in my home. I could get 5 carseats in it. They are expensive i bought both mine used and have had very little problems with either. Good luck.
christina0607
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I will never , even after kids are grown, drive anything but a minivan. They really are THE most practical vehicle around. 

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I have a ford windstar.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Minivan. I have a Toyota Sienna.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM
We bought our first van while pregnant with our third baby....but we knew we were going to have more babies (we always planned on having 5 children).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)