Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ones and one piece body suits

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:53 PM
  • 6 Replies

I really miss being able to put my son in onies or one piece body suits. He possibly has a teathered spinal cord and most of our/his doctors believe so too. He goes in for a CT scan next month to find out what is going on. But my total reason for missing them is he doesn't get the whole potty training thing. Yes I try frequantly and he uses the potty every night before bath. so he's not afriad of going and he knows how to use the potty he even calls me into the bathroom to "set up" the toliet the way he likes it. He from what I believe just doesn't know "when" to go, kwim? Anyways, becuase he just cant get the hang of things onies and body suits are so much easier. I'm not saying I can't do pants and all of that I can ovbiously becuase well I really don't have a choice do I? My whole point to this is have any of you moms felt the same way maybe not all the time but at times?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM

How old is he?  How are onesies easier?  for dd it was harder for her to unbutton them if she wanted to try the potty at that age.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:58 PM

He's 3.6 yr's old. But he is only seccussful in using the potty 1 day a week right now and during that day it's just underwear or nothing. I'm talking about the rest of the time when we aren't on trips and car rides.   

Quoting frndlyfn:

How old is he?  How are onesies easier?  for dd it was harder for her to unbutton them if she wanted to try the potty at that age.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:01 PM

oh ok.  You had me confused is all.  I am lucky i have a girl.  I could throw a dress on her during the potty training years and not worry about it.  She was a late trainer without any medical issues like your son.

Quoting Bookoholic:

He's 3.6 yr's old. But he is only seccussful in using the potty 1 day a week right now and during that day it's just underwear or nothing. I'm talking about the rest of the time when we aren't on trips and car rides.   

Quoting frndlyfn:

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Sorry, I'm a little tired today trying to get us reset for sleep we woke up three hours earilier then normal. On good days we can do underwear and he's good but usually bare butt works best. Two of his doctor's have told me I shouldn't even bother trying to potty train right now since we don't know what is going on and till we do it would be more stressful then helpful. I don't push it it's more when he wants to do it then when I want to. Sometimes we do it more then two or three times a week sometimes not at all. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

oh ok.  You had me confused is all.  I am lucky i have a girl.  I could throw a dress on her during the potty training years and not worry about it.  She was a late trainer without any medical issues like your son.

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM

To me that is a great start for a child when medical issues are not resolved yet.  One of these days (hopefully) despite whatever is going on, he will just want to go every time.

Quoting Bookoholic:

Sorry, I'm a little tired today trying to get us reset for sleep we woke up three hours earilier then normal. On good days we can do underwear and he's good but usually bare butt works best. Two of his doctor's have told me I shouldn't even bother trying to potty train right now since we don't know what is going on and till we do it would be more stressful then helpful. I don't push it it's more when he wants to do it then when I want to. Sometimes we do it more then two or three times a week sometimes not at all. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Yeah, I pray he just one day goes okay i'm done with diapers lol. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

To me that is a great start for a child when medical issues are not resolved yet.  One of these days (hopefully) despite whatever is going on, he will just want to go every time.

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting frndlyfn:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)