Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone have any thoughts on what this is? Pic included and PIOG

My 5 year old left school with this today. His dad didnt notice until they got to hs Krav Maga class and had to change him out of his uniform and into his workout gear.

I gave him his bath last night and didn't notice anything and I also helped him get dressed this morning and he didnt complain about any uncomfortablness, itching or anything else. 

He is on his way home from class and his dad and i wil decide on whether we will take him to the ER or wait until the morning to see his ped doctor.

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
Rust.n.Gears
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Nah. Those look very different.

Quoting I.heart.my.kids:

I am soo petrified of bed bugs (irrational maybe but still) when he gets home I am going to give him an oatmeal bath and put some witch hazel on them thanks for your help

Quoting TrouserMouse:

It is hives.  It is most likely a contact dermatitis meaning he came into contact with something on his skin right there that he is having a reaction to. Give him some Benadryl and put some hyrdrocortisone cream on it.  It is not an emergency as long as it doesn't spread and effect his breathing.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ihave1
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM

hopefully he will be okay.  okay what is  KRAV MAGA

Quoting I.heart.my.kids:

thats what his dad thought too. but ds said no

Quoting ihave1:

what the hay.    kind of looks like someone hit him w/ a belt.  are they walts?

Lovemyboys1212
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Hives
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

being as it is centralized to his lower back area I would think he might have gotten bit a few times by ants or something. But I am not sure and since I cant really look closer and in person I am going to definitely suggest at least benedryl. 

ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Hives. Not bed bugs or welts. They look itchy! :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
I.heart.my.kids
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM

thanks!  I am sure he will I just need to know what it is. If its an allergy of some kind. I appreciate your concern and Krav Maga is  a self defense martial  arts kind of class. Its a mixture of boxing, muay thai, jiu-jitsu, wrestling and grabbling and also has some realistic fight training. You could describe it as hand to hand combat. And it does sound much WORSE than it really is, but its not unlike karate with the disiplie and such. Only they learn things like avoiding getting your shirt grabbed during a fight, getting out of someone holding on to your shirt during a fight. Its more reactive than proactive in a sense. You can goole it haha and theres videos of it on youtube,

Quoting ihave1:

hopefully he will be okay.  okay what is  KRAV MAGA

Quoting I.heart.my.kids:

thats what his dad thought too. but ds said no

Quoting ihave1:

what the hay.    kind of looks like someone hit him w/ a belt.  are they walts?

I.heart.my.kids
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:17 PM

He has two similar welt like things on one of his thighs. but thats it. thats why i think something got trapped while he was playing or something and just made its way either UP his leg to his back or down his back to his leg

Quoting redneckmama2:

being as it is centralized to his lower back area I would think he might have gotten bit a few times by ants or something. But I am not sure and since I cant really look closer and in person I am going to definitely suggest at least benedryl. 

2cadifference
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:20 PM

My son just this year started getting them....no reason. We went through allergy testing and all that only to find out there is no reason for hives most of the time. He gets them in water, he gets them eating, he gets them not eating, he gets them sleeping, he gets them at school, in the car, in the pool, on the soccer field...Nothing adds up...So he takes Zyrtec for them and they have let up...We even had to go to the ER once because his eyes swelled up with hives. I mean seriously!!!! Only to go through everything and find out some people get hives! Give him some Zyrtec, my son takes it daily.

I.heart.my.kids
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM

oh man... id go crazy without an definitive answer! hope your son can grow out of it, it sounds so scary especially if his eye swelled up

Quoting 2cadifference:

My son just this year started getting them....no reason. We went through allergy testing and all that only to find out there is no reason for hives most of the time. He gets them in water, he gets them eating, he gets them not eating, he gets them sleeping, he gets them at school, in the car, in the pool, on the soccer field...Nothing adds up...So he takes Zyrtec for them and they have let up...We even had to go to the ER once because his eyes swelled up with hives. I mean seriously!!!! Only to go through everything and find out some people get hives! Give him some Zyrtec, my son takes it daily.

dingysfamily
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Looks like hives to me also; I've had hives and this is what mine looked like.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN