Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Settlement from a Car Accident....

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 56 Replies

Has anyone ever been in an accident and sued someone? and got back a settlement????

A driver who fell asleep at the wheel hit me head on with all my kids in the car. I have a slipped disk in my spine and pinched nerves...I have to get epidural injections and do physical therapy. This happened in Aug. 2012.

anyone sue someone due to a car accident? if I may ask how much settlement did you get back? what happened in your accident....

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tennisgal
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:47 PM

can you still sue 2yrs later?? 

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:48 PM

opppps sorry this was Aug. of 2012...sorry.... typo Ive been doing physical therapy and dr. appt.s since then. and already obtained my attorney.

Quoting tennisgal:

tennisgal
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:50 PM

oh ok. how are the kids??

Quoting DomesticDoll:

opppps sorry this was Aug. of 2012...sorry.... typo Ive been doing physical therapy and dr. appt.s since then. and already obtained my attorney.

Quoting tennisgal:

numonestunar
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Your insurance should have gotten you a payout or something, I think. My husbands brother was injured a few years back and got him a huge payout but after medical bills for a 6 mth hospital stay and after care he rcvd 15k
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brebugmom91
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM
My MIL did and had something wrong in her neck. She got a lot (I can't say how much) and my DD got a small amount because she was with her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:54 PM

the kids are good. thank you. when it first happened when she first hit us of course all 3 of them were screaming!!! they have never been in a car accident so Im sure they will remember this forever. I had a Honda Odyssey and we had just bought it, she totaled it! she hit and the curtain airbags went off...hit my son on the side of his face he's 4. But hes ok, nothing serious we did the ER thing and had all 4 of us checked out...I was the only one really that got hurt...

Quoting tennisgal:

oh ok. how are the kids??

Quoting DomesticDoll:

Quoting tennisgal:

lovehimforever
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:56 PM

We are currently in a lawsuit but not from a car accident. its from a horrible slip and fall accident in 2011. 

goodluck

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:57 PM

well so far my car was paid off....my med. bills are still racking up.. I have to do epidural injections and a second round of physical therapy and I had a cat scan , an MRI.... and lots of dr. visits/follow ups... but not untill all thats done will I get the settlement. 15K would be nice. how was your husbands brother?? 6 months is a long stay in the hospital! sorry to that!

Quoting numonestunar:

Your insurance should have gotten you a payout or something, I think. My husbands brother was injured a few years back and got him a huge payout but after medical bills for a 6 mth hospital stay and after care he rcvd 15k

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:58 PM

oh wow! can I ask what did she do with the money??? anything big? like buy a car or house??

Quoting brebugmom91:

My MIL did and had something wrong in her neck. She got a lot (I can't say how much) and my DD got a small amount because she was with her.

greenie63
by Nancy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I'm surprised the ambulance chasers didn't jump on your case! I know they did with my case. My son and I were hit in November and I just finished physical therapy this week. When we towed the car to the body shop, the owner handed me a card from an attorney. He said the attorney will be calling you tomorrow if it's ok with you. I said sure, I was kind of in shock and in pain at that point. The woman who hit us didn't stop at a stop sign and I had the right of way. She was between 45-55 mph, totaled the car, and I had torn back and neck muscles. My son had neck muscle strain. 

I'm not sure on what the statute of limitations is, but consult the attorney. I'm paying nothing, it's a clear cut case and the otehr driver's insurance will be paying. We've already had the car paid for, now just damages from injury and physical therapy. 

Good luck momma! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN