Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anything we can do?

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:55 PM
  • 6 Replies

My brothers g/f left him and their DD the end of July. Turns out she is pregnant. She's been drinking the entire time and doing coke. She lies to everyone. First she wasn't pregnant, then she was but getting an abortion. Told everyone she had one, the suddenly she was pregnant again. Then she had a miscarriage etc.. She is the kind of person who lies about lying. Anyways, my bff happens to be her sister. She told bff that she lost the baby so bff took her to the ER. She stayed with ex the entire time so she could hear the truth. She didn't lose the baby. Surprisingly baby is doing fine, best they can tell from her ultra sound anyways. She is due the first week of May which means that my brother is likely the father. But she started seeing her new b/f a week after leaving so it could be the new guys. I'm pretty sure if the baby isn't my brother's, then she'll want it. Otherwise, I'm terrified what shes going to do. She has 5 other kids, none of which she has much to do with, nor do they live with her. As of right now, she is still telling everyone that she lost the baby. Still drinking, still doing coke. Shes 24 weeks. Is there anything that we can do to help protect that poor baby?! She doesn't go to the dr for prenatal care or anything. IF her baby lives, its going to have serious problems. And then theirs the possibly of her doing something stupid after she has it. I feel so helpless!  Is there anything we can do now, to advoid further damage to the baby and/or prevent something terrible from happening?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nathansmommy331
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:56 AM
If she has CPS cases against her then she might have the baby taken after birth. I would call CPS & warn them she is pregnant again & doing drugs but get proof she's doing drugs if you can. If your brother wants the baby then tell him to call them as a concerned possible soon to be father.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IndianaWynette
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Sounds like the best Avenue to me too. Good Luck.

Quoting nathansmommy331:

If she has CPS cases against her then she might have the baby taken after birth. I would call CPS & warn them she is pregnant again & doing drugs but get proof she's doing drugs if you can. If your brother wants the baby then tell him to call them as a concerned possible soon to be father.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:52 AM

All you can do is get child services involved as early as possible. This is what my aunt had to do with my cousin. She was found with drugs on her and put into a treatment center where she gave birth. When the baby was born they had to wisk it away to intensive care due to the drugs in its system. My cousin never got to see her baby. My aunt was immediately given guardianship of the baby and put a restraining order on her daughter who was known to be violent. It is sad but you have to do what is best for the baby. You need to contact your local office though because each state as their own laws and they can be very different.

Doc.Mc.Lissa
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:01 PM

My brother doesn't want the baby. He knows he wouldn't be able to care for a baby alone with serious problems. My mom is going to try to get custody, but CPS already told her that her family will get the choice because they weren't married. If the baby is his, we legally have no rights apparently. Her family is just as screwed up as she is. My mom is taking foster care classes just incase.  CPS also told her that until the child is born, there is nothing they could do. The whole situation is just sad!

Quoting nathansmommy331:

nathansmommy331
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:37 AM
I'm so sorry. I hope for the baby's sake it works out for the best. I know how drug addicted skanks can mess with an entire family, my bro has had one in his life for about the last 8 yrs thankfully they are not married & no kids together. I will keep your family in my thoughts & wish the best.

Quoting Doc.Mc.Lissa:

My brother doesn't want the baby. He knows he wouldn't be able to care for a baby alone with serious problems. My mom is going to try to get custody, but CPS already told her that her family will get the choice because they weren't married. If the baby is his, we legally have no rights apparently. Her family is just as screwed up as she is. My mom is taking foster care classes just incase.  CPS also told her that until the child is born, there is nothing they could do. The whole situation is just sad!

Quoting nathansmommy331:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Can you have her put into a mental hospital?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN