Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Been busy this morning! piog

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:37 AM
  • 6 Replies

I always make a big meal for Shabbat - for Friday night and Saturday afternoon (Sat is usually leftovers from Fri night with maybe one extra thing).  We are having company tonight for dinner.....so I go out even more for company.

I have been going crazy all morning.....though before I even started cooking I got the kids all off to school and DH and I ran to the stores for a few last-minute things.

Today I have made:

roast chicken, deli roll, squash kugel, apple-noodle kugel, roasted veggies, Israeli salad, cinnamon rolls w/ homemade icing (for dessert), and apple crisp (for dessert)......and I have steamed broccoli prepared for tomorrow ----- I also made hummus yesterday (it is better if it sets for a day or so)

and it is only 1:30pm!!

I AM SOOOOOOOOOO TIRED, and my feet are killing me!  The apple crisp is finishing up right now, once it is done I'm going up to take a shower.  Definitely earned a cup of hot tea this afternoon as well.  Shabbat starts at 4:32pm and the wife and daughter of our company will arrive shortly after that and the husband will come home from services with DH a little after that.  I am going to sleep well tonight, that's for sure!

Though I did cheat a bit and we bought challah and breakfast pastries at the bakery this morning.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:44 AM

oh that reminds me to buy some challah today.  It makes the best french toast and the bakery here only sells it on fridays.  

Do you always eat like that fridays?  No wonder my kid is always sneaking off to her jewish friends house on fridays.  I thought it was for the wine LOL 

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this
It all sounds yummy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Quoting NDADanceMom:

oh that reminds me to buy some challah today.  It makes the best french toast and the bakery here only sells it on fridays.  

Do you always eat like that fridays?  No wonder my kid is always sneaking off to her jewish friends house on fridays.  I thought it was for the wine LOL 

Yes, this is a typical Friday evening meal.  I made 1 side-dish more than I would just for our family...and made a little extra chicken (made 4 instead of 3).

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds yummy! You had me at hummus!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Quoting beadingmom17:

Honestly - I HATE hummus.  I make it for DH and DD#3, and for guests, but I don't eat it.  In fact, I won't make it unless DH is home to taste-test it....yes, I hate it that much.  Lol

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I used to not be a fan, but being Arabic, we have it at almost every family function and now I'm addicted, lol :)

Quoting TableforSeven:

Quoting beadingmom17:

Honestly - I HATE hummus.  I make it for DH and DD#3, and for guests, but I don't eat it.  In fact, I won't make it unless DH is home to taste-test it....yes, I hate it that much.  Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)