Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my ear drum burst....

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:09 AM
  • 2 Replies

so i woke up in the night with reallybad ear pain (just getting over the flu) and i laid on a heating pad then a hot compress then put a lil vinegar like a drop in my ear, it started feeling better because i was to the point of crying because i couldnt take the pain. then it popped and blood and probably vinegar came out      it feels a LOT better now and this isnt the first time it has happened, it happened when i was like 14 too, the same ear. i called my dr to see what i should from home and he was a big dick. he was like well if u are that worried to wake me up, go to the ER and let them handle it...... RUDE MUCH.  i am already on antibiotics so i THINK i am just supposed to keep that ear dry and covered?

i dont have insurance until feb because they messed up my paperwork and kicked me and my son out of the family plan and left my hubby and my daughter, and my son and i are just getting over the flu, so i am not taking us to the ER....

so if anyone has any helpful comments about what to do from home i would REALLY appreciate it :)

thanks in advance

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:39 AM

warm olive oil can be helpful.  Tylenol, warm compresses.  If its still a problem message me later.  My dad is an ENT but he doesnt like to be woken up either.  I can ask him what do do BUT I am a teacher, wont be home till around dinner and cafe mom does not work on the school computers. 

zoanddylsmommy
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Quoting NDADanceMom:

warm olive oil can be helpful.  Tylenol, warm compresses.  If its still a problem message me later.  My dad is an ENT but he doesnt like to be woken up either.  I can ask him what do do BUT I am a teacher, wont be home till around dinner and cafe mom does not work on the school computers. 

thank you so much  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN