Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

This would be such a great experience

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:01 AM
  • 10 Replies

My dd was nominated by her teacher for a summer program at the Botanical Gardens. 3 kids from her class got the application.   They will chose 12 kids out of the 30 that apply But she'll get to spend 3 days a week for 6 weeks this summer at the botanical gardens form 9am to 2pm  She'll get to plant stuff and have her own little garden. learn about plants  work with the staff.  at the end of the 6 weeks there is a graduation ceremony and then a 3 day, 2  night camping trip.  They will pick her up at home and bring her back by bus.  the whole thing will cost me $5.  am so keeping my fingers crossed she gets picked.  I was looking for a good summer program to keep her busy but they are all so expensive.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chelsey191
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Awesome, congrats for your dd.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WebCat
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:09 AM

Wow! This is a great idea for the Botanical Gardens to do. She'll have a blast if selected. I'll keep my fingers crossed! 

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Quoting WebCat:

Wow! This is a great idea for the Botanical Gardens to do. She'll have a blast if selected. I'll keep my fingers crossed! 

Thanks

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:43 AM

That would be awesome!! I hope she gets picked!

EsmeVincent
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Nice...hope she has a great time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Wow, that sounds really neat!  Hope it works out for her.

WendyJR
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Good Luck to here, That sounds fun!

NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:33 AM

My daughter did an "internship" with the local historical society.  They did research for a book that was eventually published.  It was pretty cool for her and she learned a great deal about research that year.  They even traveled to get first source information. 

fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:44 AM

That is awesome.  Unless I was allowed to go on the camping trip though that part I wouldn't allow. 

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting fullxbusymom:

That is awesome.  Unless I was allowed to go on the camping trip though that part I wouldn't allow. 

I'm not sure if I can or can not go  but if i can then she will go, if not then she will not go.  She's only 10 and only after 6 weeks I really wont know the staff enough to trust them.  But with such young kids i'm sure parents can go even if i have to pay something.   But the rest of the program is great. and I have met the staff a cpl times due to trips we've taken to the botanical gardens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)