Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Your thoughts... honestly...

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 11 Replies

I heard one time on some talk show that all parents have a favorite. Not that they don't love all of their children, but they have one child that they relate to more. In some cases it's obvious favoritism, but in most cases it's more subtle.

I know my mom has a favorite; it's obvious to me, anyway. I know my Dad has a favorite, and all of my siblings seem to think it's me. I see other parents with multiple kids who show favoritism.

I, personally, have one DD and one SS. I could see where it would seem that I favor my DD over my SS in many ways. I love my SS don't get me wrong, but it's a different situation because he doesn't live in the home full time. So of course, I have to buy more clothes for her and such.

Thoughts? I think it's true, even if people don't want to admit it.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I favor the one that has the best behavior at the time, but I don't have a favorite.  Even if you think that I don't want to admit it.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

kim8934
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I love both my kids, but there are days...they really know how to bother me.  When it gets to the point of them getting on my last nerve, this is how I handle it.  Note: I don't yell, hit, scream, throw things, etc.  I tell them 'that's it...your brother is now my favorite'.  Anyone would be shocked at how fast you get an attitude adjustment out of teenager when you say that.

Matriarch87
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Yes. My son is my favorite.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovebugs_mom906
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:39 PM
I guess I can't compare my kids - my daughter is 6 and my son is 2. They are two totally different people at different stages of life. So to say I have a favorite just doesn't make sense.
lovebugs_mom906
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Lol. I wonder if that would work on my 6 year old?

Quoting kim8934:

I love both my kids, but there are days...they really know how to bother me.  When it gets to the point of them getting on my last nerve, this is how I handle it.  Note: I don't yell, hit, scream, throw things, etc.  I tell them 'that's it...your brother is now my favorite'.  Anyone would be shocked at how fast you get an attitude adjustment out of teenager when you say that.

BluePandaDreams
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:41 PM
It is obvious in my hubbie's family. He has six sisters and one brother. He sure isn't the favored child that's for sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yezay
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I only have one son but I have a feeling he'll always be my favorite. He's special needs and I was a single mom with him. I just think we'll always have a different bond.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I only have one so of course he is my favorite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I think I tend to favor my youngest dd more... People have said I am harder on her then my odd though... But my ydd and I have a much stronger bond. My odd even from birth favored her daddy more so I think thats why I tend to favor my youngest. Shes a complete mamas girl.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
michiganmom5150
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM
It changes. As they grow and change and their interests change. One is always easier to relate to. It changes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)