Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

about sleepover

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 36 Replies

HI~

My question is, how can you explain to a 6 years old DD how it's wrong to sleep over at a guy friend house?  

She asked if she could have a sleepover and i told her it not going to happen and it wrong for to have sleepover with a guy. I just don't see it is appropriate.  We have morals and standards. This guy is not related to her at any way.  He is just a good friend from Kindergarten.  

I think it cute that she want to do the sleepover but at the same time not appropriate.

UPDATE:  I'm not bashing anyone at all I'm just asking if it is 'normal' to have co-ed sleepover.  I know nothing would happen, it just I never had co-ed sleepover or anyone sleepover at my house.  I was told when I was growing up, if you can't sleep over at a guy house when you're 17 you're sure not sleeping over at a guy house at 7.  I only asked because it's a different century now, and i was wondering if it very common and whatnot.  There's is no thought of something sexual going to happen at all. It more of if she thinks it okay now would it be okay later in high school.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:39 PM

you dont say !!

creneep83
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:42 PM

SORRY!!! lol I accidentally click enter and it automaticlly posted it.

Quoting frndlyfn:

you dont say !!

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

No help here, I had a great guy friend when I was in 2nd-5th grade and we often had sleepovers.....shame on my parents I guess, but I turned out just fine.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

At age 6 it is appropriate. they are little children. There is nothing sexual going on.

Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I have to agree...if they were 9, I'd have issues, but at 6, I don't see a problem. 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

At age 6 it is appropriate. they are little children. There is nothing sexual going on.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I would let her have the sleepover.  Not like they are going to make out or anything. As long as the parents are there to supervise, i see no issue.  I think 6 is too young to push the co-ed ban on sleepovers.  Shoot i had sleepovers my whole life with the opposite gender and nothing happened.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:48 PM

this.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I would just tell her it is not appropriate. We do not allow opposite sex sleepovers. No, I do not think anything sexual would happen(DD has no clue about any of that anyway, she's 7). however, it is not a habit we wnat to start. If we would not allow it at 16, we will not allow it at 7.

creneep83
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:50 PM

no not saying it bad I just want to understand and explain to her how we just think it wrong... if your parents didn't think there were anything wrong with it than there's nothing wrong with it.

Quoting SuperPickle:

No help here, I had a great guy friend when I was in 2nd-5th grade and we often had sleepovers.....shame on my parents I guess, but I turned out just fine.

creneep83
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM

this is how I want to say it thank you!

Quoting RheaF:

I would just tell her it is not appropriate. We do not allow opposite sex sleepovers. No, I do not think anything sexual would happen(DD has no clue about any of that anyway, she's 7). however, it is not a habit we wnat to start. If we would not allow it at 16, we will not allow it at 7.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)