Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HI~

My question is, how can you explain to a 6 years old DD how it's wrong to sleep over at a guy friend house?  

She asked if she could have a sleepover and i told her it not going to happen and it wrong for to have sleepover with a guy. I just don't see it is appropriate.  We have morals and standards. This guy is not related to her at any way.  He is just a good friend from Kindergarten.  

I think it cute that she want to do the sleepover but at the same time not appropriate.

UPDATE:  I'm not bashing anyone at all I'm just asking if it is 'normal' to have co-ed sleepover.  I know nothing would happen, it just I never had co-ed sleepover or anyone sleepover at my house.  I was told when I was growing up, if you can't sleep over at a guy house when you're 17 you're sure not sleeping over at a guy house at 7.  I only asked because it's a different century now, and i was wondering if it very common and whatnot.  There's is no thought of something sexual going to happen at all. It more of if she thinks it okay now would it be okay later in high school.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Replies (21-30):
ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM
I completely agree!

Quoting RheaF:

I would just tell her it is not appropriate. We do not allow opposite sex sleepovers. No, I do not think anything sexual would happen(DD has no clue about any of that anyway, she's 7). however, it is not a habit we wnat to start. If we would not allow it at 16, we will not allow it at 7.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeG16
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

At age 6 it is appropriate. they are little children. There is nothing sexual going on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM

in first grade I wouldn't worry about it...as long as they will be supervised. 5-6 year old are not under normal circumstances going be doing anything bad. I understand morals and standards and there is definately and age it needs to stop but...

katzmeow726
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:38 PM

At that age, I wouldn't have a problem....they are little kids.  The only issue I see is that you think that it is sexually inappropriate and immoral...

MrsLuciano02
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not sure how old I was when I first went to sleep over at a boys house but it was a young age and he lived around the corner from me and I slept on the bed under his (he had a trundle day bed) and then my across the street neighbors used to stay the night all the time but it was mostly durring the summer time and we slept out side (just outside my parents window)

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:20 PM

maybe he could sleep over in the guest room or on the couch?

Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here actually come to think of it my 2 best guy friends in high school were allowed to stay the night too one is now flaming and the other still comes and stays at our house

Quoting SuperPickle:

No help here, I had a great guy friend when I was in 2nd-5th grade and we often had sleepovers.....shame on my parents I guess, but I turned out just fine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:31 PM
My oldest is eleven, her best friend is a boy. They have sleepovers all the time.
I am not worried at all. At this point, I know both kids extremely well, and there are no concerns. We have known him and his family since birth.
Usually his sister and mom stay over too. We have a ball. At some point, we may re think this. But...we are not there at this point.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I had sleepovers as a kid with my best friend who was a boy till we were about 6th grade. We were more into mucking about the farm than getting mushy. Our youngest boy has had sleepovers for years with our friends daughter and they are like siblings. They are in 5thgrade..We are very very picky about sleepovers. We have to really know the family very well before our child goes over. Most of the time we host the sleepovers ...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I have a 5 year old son and I wouldn't let a girl sleep over with him, just saying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)